Register Now
killamch89

AMD is slaughtering Intel at this point!

I think both need to be pretty edge on edge for us consumers to benefit from this. Because if monopoly happens, they will dump literally bad product on us and we would have no choice about that. So more competition and cut throat price matching is good for us. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think both need to be pretty edge on edge for us consumers to benefit from this. Because if monopoly happens, they will dump literally bad product on us and we would have no choice about that. So more competition and cut throat price matching is good for us. 

That's why I'm not really a fanboy of any company because they'll do the same once they are in Intel's position.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's why I'm not really a fanboy of any company because they'll do the same once they are in Intel's position.

Yes totally agree, this is what even chinese are doing to us.. they dump the old electronics to the market like 1 year after release in china .. 

With intel knowing about how Smart Access Memory works, it will kinda make a comeback, they decided to stop competing in terms of core counts because they realized that AMD does it better, but will focus on single core performance.

3 minutes ago, Patrik said:

With intel knowing about how Smart Access Memory works, it will kinda make a comeback, they decided to stop competing in terms of core counts because they realized that AMD does it better, but will focus on single core performance.

Since Intel revamped there staffing they are now acting the right way of dealing with this. AMD seems that they will always going to be ahead regards core counts 🙂 and glad that they are able to keep that 🙂 but intel will always be single core performance, even the last two gens they able to hold the single core performance challenge. 

That's why they are still ahwad in regards gaming 😉 Hell, I only have 8 cores but I can get 5.3ghz 🙂 even gaming I get to 4.8ghz on my 10-700K Also, might be getting 11th gen myself if the cost is right 🙂 

Give it time and Itel will be back as a leader 🙂 

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Since Intel revamped there staffing they are now acting the right way of dealing with this. AMD seems that they will always going to be ahead regards core counts 🙂 and glad that they are able to keep that 🙂 but intel will always be single core performance, even the last two gens they able to hold the single core performance challenge. 

That's why they are still ahwad in regards gaming 😉 Hell, I only have 8 cores but I can get 5.3ghz 🙂 even gaming I get to 4.8ghz on my 10-700K Also, might be getting 11th gen myself if the cost is right 🙂 

Give it time and Itel will be back as a leader 🙂 

Those are nice overclocking results on a 8 core i7 to be honest, your current CPU should be a future proof for your rig just fine and i don't think you have to spend extra bucks to upgrade any soon 😛

19 hours ago, Patrik said:

Those are nice overclocking results on a 8 core i7 to be honest, your current CPU should be a future proof for your rig just fine and i don't think you have to spend extra bucks to upgrade any soon 😛

that's on paper 3.8ghz to 5.3ghz. And I know many people able to overcloack even harder then that to 5.5ghz. But 10th is missing what 11th will be having that tends to not really fuss me. Then again we have no idea what the end resuilts for the 11th gen. 

On 2/6/2021 at 6:43 AM, Empire said:

that's on paper 3.8ghz to 5.3ghz. And I know many people able to overcloack even harder then that to 5.5ghz. But 10th is missing what 11th will be having that tends to not really fuss me. Then again we have no idea what the end resuilts for the 11th gen. 

Actually based on the leaks, it seems that 11th Gen Rocket Lake runs hotter and performs worse than the the 10th Gen Intel CPUs. Intel tried to go back to their original formula of less cores for more performance, what did they expect?

On 3/13/2021 at 8:20 PM, killamch89 said:

Actually based on the leaks, it seems that 11th Gen Rocket Lake runs hotter and performs worse than the the 10th Gen Intel CPUs. Intel tried to go back to their original formula of less cores for more performance, what did they expect?

Leaks no longer

ANd seems that 11th is little better but no much of an upgrade 

14 hours ago, Empire said:

Leaks no longer

ANd seems that 11th is little better but no much of an upgrade 

Meanwhile the Ryzen 6000 series is set to be a big jump due to them moving to 5nm process this year. Intel needs to take a year off and work on building a chipset that's actually competitive.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Meanwhile the Ryzen 6000 series is set to be a big jump due to them moving to 5nm process this year. Intel needs to take a year off and work on building a chipset that's actually competitive.

THey need to fire everyone and get new faces in the world 😛 

In processor world massive firing does network though, it's not easy to get electronics engineers and the innovators in this space. you can easily get game developers as it is easy than making processors. but yeah overhaul is long due in intel. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

In processor world massive firing does network though, it's not easy to get electronics engineers and the innovators in this space. you can easily get game developers as it is easy than making processors. but yeah overhaul is long due in intel. 

Yeah you have a point but I was talking about overhauling their approach because they're now behind Apple and Ryzen in terms of processor performance and that gap is going to widen when AMD releases the 6000 CPUs and Apple the M1X - both will be massive upgrades on their predecessors in terms of performance. In addition to that, Intel throwing shade Apple is only hurting their brand even more.