Register Now
killamch89

AMD is slaughtering Intel at this point!

23 hours ago, skyfire said:

You wont feel much difference except for the part that AMD is lot good for gaming.

31 minutes ago, egghead said:

If this is just a preference, I do not have anything to say but if you actually compare Intel with AND performance wise, especially in gaming, Intel is a lot better.

In terms of gaming it doesn't make a lot of difference since gaming performance is much more GPU dependent, but as of right now Intel is marginally beating AMD:

Both chips around £255

Intel Core i5 12600K vs AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

Both chips around £340

Intel Core i7 12700K vs AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

It has to be said it is AMD we have to thank for this.  It was the release of the first generation Ryzen's that finally gave Intel their long overdue kick up the arse.  Before Ryzen you would have to pay nearly $1000 if you wanted anything above a quad core from Intel since they pretty much had a monopoly on the market.

Edited by Crazycrab

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

It was the release of the first generation Ryzen's that finally gave Intel their long overdue kick up the arse.

Yes, and the thing is that I remember Intel was making money shipping poor products like Celeron and Core 2 Duo even after release of i5 and i7 chips. still they are cheating with the people by shipping i3 chips which are kind of the type of chips that get slow after 1 year worth of performance.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:46 AM, skyfire said:

You wont feel much difference except for the part that AMD is lot good for gaming.

not really, it was a thing before like 2-3 years back when : if you wanted good gaming performance + decent workstation performance = go for ryzen

wanted decent gaming performance + good workstation performance = go for intel

things are sort of different now and both of the companies are fighting for the price/performance

On 4/12/2022 at 6:32 AM, Crazycrab said:

In terms of gaming it doesn't make a lot of difference since gaming performance is much more GPU dependent, but as of right now Intel is marginally beating AMD:

Both chips around £255

Intel Core i5 12600K vs AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

Both chips around £340

Intel Core i7 12700K vs AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

It has to be said it is AMD we have to thank for this.  It was the release of the first generation Ryzen's that finally gave Intel their long overdue kick up the arse.  Before Ryzen you would have to pay nearly $1000 if you wanted anything above a quad core from Intel since they pretty much had a monopoly on the market.

I wouldn't mind more competition so that we can get more innovation for affordable prices. That being said, AMD is really applying the pressure to Intel and Zen4 and Zen5 seem to be even crazier. For the longest while all we ever got from Intel was quad core chips but thanks to AMD, they've really had to up their game.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:10 AM, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't mind more competition so that we can get more innovation for affordable prices. That being said, AMD is really applying the pressure to Intel and Zen4 and Zen5 seem to be even crazier. For the longest while all we ever got from Intel was quad core chips but thanks to AMD, they've really had to up their game.

More competition would put every company on it toes to have the best released that would outperform that of their competitions.