Register Now
Kane99

Do you guys collect Amiibos?

Does anyone here collect Amiibos? I only have one myself, and it's the anniversary edition of Mario in the standard SMB game. I want to collect more of them, especially most of the classic Mario characters. What Amiibos do you own? And do you keep them in a box or open them up? I have mine opened. 

Edited by Kane99

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I currently don't have any but my cousin has a lot of these. Her favorite ones are Ness, Cloud from FF VII and Samus. I'm pretty certain once Nintendo releases a Sephiroth version, she'll be one of the first to have one.

Nice! I still just have the original SMB one, for the anniversary of Mario. I want to grab some of the Bowser amiibos, as well as a lot of the popular SMB characters. Mainly Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser, and some of the enemies. 

I wouldn't mind a Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and a few others. 

On 12/18/2020 at 3:15 AM, Kane99 said:

Nice! I still just have the original SMB one, for the anniversary of Mario. I want to grab some of the Bowser amiibos, as well as a lot of the popular SMB characters. Mainly Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser, and some of the enemies. 

I wouldn't mind a Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and a few others. 

Donkey Kong is a legend - you have to get him and Zelda as well...

I am not sure how popular amiibos are now, but I know they were really popular at one point. I myself didn't end up collecting any but my brother was one who would collect them, and he had quite a few of them and was always showing me the ones, he had collected. They were so cute, and I would have loved to collect them myself but money wise, it wasn't something that was in my budget at the time. 

19 hours ago, Shortie said:

I am not sure how popular amiibos are now, but I know they were really popular at one point. I myself didn't end up collecting any but my brother was one who would collect them, and he had quite a few of them and was always showing me the ones, he had collected. They were so cute, and I would have loved to collect them myself but money wise, it wasn't something that was in my budget at the time. 

Does Nintendo even produce Amiibos anymore? I feel like they've kinda forgotten about it. As well, does the Switch even support Amiibos these days? I think when it first came out it was a big thing, but now days I don't hear much talk about Amiibos. 

On 11/28/2022 at 7:47 PM, Kane99 said:

Does Nintendo even produce Amiibos anymore? I feel like they've kinda forgotten about it. As well, does the Switch even support Amiibos these days? I think when it first came out it was a big thing, but now days I don't hear much talk about Amiibos. 

Yeah, I can't say I ever see them anymore to be honest not like I used to when they were first released. It was like a phase where people went crazy for them when they first came out and now it's died off and we no longer hear of them. With a quick check it seems they do still do them for the Nintendo Switch, but they don't seem to be as popular as they were. 

I don't. My brother and I started when they first came out but stopped not long after. I think we own maybe 10 in total? and even then, i don't even know where they are now, shows you how often we've used them. I think some might still be in the box lol.  A fad that fell off pretty quick, huh?

On 12/1/2022 at 7:36 PM, Smokey said:

I don't. My brother and I started when they first came out but stopped not long after. I think we own maybe 10 in total? and even then, i don't even know where they are now, shows you how often we've used them. I think some might still be in the box lol.  A fad that fell off pretty quick, huh?

It sure seems to be a fad that fell off quick, makes you wonder if it was because Nintendo didn't really do as much as they could have done using amiibos and so they just slowly let them phase out as like I say, even though I still see them for sale, I barely see anyone mention them anymore like I used to. Wonder if they would ever consider trying to bring them back again at some point? I liked the idea behind them.

I got a few from when Smash 4 launched, together with my brothers we got our favorite characters. I bought Link along with the game, then I also got Ness, Captain Falcon and Samus I think? My youngest brother collected a few fun ones like the big sprite Mario from when Mario Maker launched.