Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Which is scariest?

Which is the scariest?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be the scariest situation you find yourself in?

• Alone in a locked down hospital with slaughtered bodies everywhere from monsters
    • Stuck in a torture room with fresh mutilated bodies on gurneys, hung torsos from chains, body parts and torture machines throughout
    • Evil demon terrorizing you in a haunted mansion with all the doors and windows sealed
    • Your country begins the incarceration, torture, and genocide of people that look like you and all borders closed
    • Enslaved on an alien ship to be used for inhumane experimentation

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I am curious, if you feel comfortable sharing.

You remember how years ago I told that I nearly died from an unknown disease. I was more or less referring to my health deteriorating and the effects it had on my body. Every time my heart was beating, it felt like it'd stop at any second. Just trying to breath was quite a chore, it felt like I had needles in my lungs. Trying to move from one side of my living room to the other took every ounce of willpower. If I could describe the whole experience, being in my own body felt like hell.

27 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You remember how years ago I told that I nearly died from an unknown disease. I was more or less referring to my health deteriorating and the effects it had on my body. Every time my heart was beating, it felt like it'd stop at any second. Just trying to breath was quite a chore, it felt like I had needles in my lungs. Trying to move from one side of my living room to the other took every ounce of willpower. If I could describe the whole experience, being in my own body felt like hell.

That was my guess.

I've never understood why people with illness or injury related pain are somehow treated differently from victims of intentional torture--as if torture is any less so because it spawned in our bodies.

My chronic pain is often life-eroding and is routinely full-on torture, and for the initial months, it was intractable. I got so pissed at all the "You'll get used to it," "Be more positive," etc.

I'm sorry you went through what you did; it sounds nightmarish. But I am relieved that it ended.

1 minute ago, StaceyPowers said:

That was my guess.

I've never understood why people with illness or injury related pain are somehow treated differently from victims of intentional torture--as if torture is any less so because it spawned in our bodies.

My chronic pain is often life-eroding and is routinely full-on torture, and for the initial months, it was intractable. I got so pissed at all the "You'll get used to it," "Be more positive," etc.

I'm sorry you went through what you did; it sounds nightmarish. But I am relieved that it ended.

Yeah, it was pretty rough. I totally understand  what you're going through because those who've never experienced that kind of suffering or have to endure it for a prolonged period in their lives would think that you can "bear" the pain when there's no fix for it. The one positive from it is that it made me much tougher and stronger mentally.

10 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The one positive from it is that it made me much tougher and stronger mentally

I wish I could say the same; I feel more like a part of me is dead/in cold storage, and what is left is more vulnerable to every bump in the road. Although if it ever miraculously goes into close or full remission, I might feel differently.

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

I wish I could say the same; I feel more like a part of me is dead/in cold storage, and what is left is more vulnerable to every bump in the road. Although if it ever miraculously goes into close or full remission, I might feel differently.

It's one of those things where you'll have to find something that drives you and just keeping going. The key is to keep moving towards what you want but taking it in baby steps. Even the smallest action can have the biggest of impacts on the outcome of any given situation.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have advanced muscular dystrophy. I have little to no strength whatsoever, and the pain I have daily is excruciating. Not only does MD deteriorate the muscles of the body (including the heart), but it is also a neurological disorder which deteriorates the brain and mind. Neuromuscular diseases are literally terminal. I'm going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Physical activity is out. If I try to walk more than 3-4 steps, I overexert myself and pass out. I can't lift anything more than 2-3 pounds without the same result.

This is no life to live. I'm always in pain, and always exhausted. The meds I'm on help, but not much.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's one of those things where you'll have to find something that drives you and just keeping going. The key is to keep moving towards what you want but taking it in baby steps. Even the smallest action can have the biggest of impacts on the outcome of any given situation.

I'm 13 years in with that journey. And I am beyond grateful to say I do have a half-life now. It's miles from what I had when I was young, but it is infinitely more than when I had a living death. Thank you for your words of encouragement 🙂

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have advanced muscular dystrophy. I have little to no strength whatsoever, and the pain I have daily is excruciating. Not only does MD deteriorate the muscles of the body (including the heart), but it is also a neurological disorder which deteriorates the brain and mind. Neuromuscular diseases are literally terminal. I'm going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Physical activity is out. If I try to walk more than 3-4 steps, I overexert myself and pass out. I can't lift anything more than 2-3 pounds without the same result.

This is no life to live. I'm always in pain, and always exhausted. The meds I'm on help, but not much.

I have to admit at times when I can't be fully present in the moment or enjoying something, but can still partially do it, often what pushes me to do it is the fact that I can at least go through the motions and half-enjoy the thing, and were I in your situation, I couldn't 😞

All of these choices could be quite scary, though I picked the one that would be quite hard for me...
 I just picked #1, it sounds like the walking dead or something like outlast, oh well.
But one thing's for sure, no matter which situation I might end up in, I'll do my darndest to survive! 🪓😅

8 hours ago, Gonassis said:

All of these choices could be quite scary, though I picked the one that would be quite hard for me...
 I just picked #1, it sounds like the walking dead or something like outlast, oh well.
But one thing's for sure, no matter which situation I might end up in, I'll do my darndest to survive! 🪓😅

Good luck to ya, looks like you've got a weapon and everything.. all ready to go.

Survive!

😂