Register Now
Kane99

What other franchises deserve the Mario Maker treatment?

Super Mario Maker 1 & 2 are hugely popular games. It got me thinking when I played it a while back with my nephew. Why don't we see more franchises step into this genre? I could see a franchise like Sonic getting a Sonic maker game. That would actually be cool. I'd try that out. I imagine people could make some unique levels. 

That's just one idea, what other franchises would you like to see do a game like Mario Maker?

On 10/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

They did a small version already in the Switch port of Links Awakening, but I think a Zelda Maker would be interesting. Final Fantasy Maker would also be interesting, but would have to be specific to specific entries in the series, or it would have to be something new entirely.

Yeah I saw that. I would love to see them do a Zelda Maker. But Final Fantasy would be even better imo. Just the idea of creating your own version, would be cool. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think minecraft and terraria are two games that I can think of for the mario maker like approach. I also think there are some games in 2D category which would get such treatment but at the end developer interest matters. 

Hmm, I could see it. It already has the options for building, so it wouldn't be hard to implement I imagine. 

On 10/13/2020 at 9:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

They did a small version already in the Switch port of Links Awakening, but I think a Zelda Maker would be interesting. Final Fantasy Maker would also be interesting, but would have to be specific to specific entries in the series, or it would have to be something new entirely.

Yeah - I have a strong sense of feeling that Square Enix the makers of Final Fantasy games series would definitely make something that's better.