Register Now
Kane99

Racing Wheels

Do you guys ever use racing wheel peripherals? I have an old one for the PS1 that I remember stopped working at some point, and I still have it sitting in my closet. I'm thinking of finally getting rid of it, and finally getting one for my PC maybe. I'm not much into racing games, but I think it'd be worth it to use a racing wheel. 

Speaking of that, do you guys have any good suggestions for driving wheels for the Xbox One and PC?

It depends on what type of games are you playing. Nowadays anything but simulators are a joke on racing wheels. It's a real shame.Mainstream titles like NFS are not really playable with a racing wheel. Guess the least of a simulation on PC that's still worth getting a wheel for is Project Cars.

Wow, forgot about this topic. I'm still on the lookout for a racing wheel, but I'm too cheap these days lol. 

On 2/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, Patrik said:

I was lucky to get one for 15 bucks from a local store, the quality was kind of fine, but i'm planning to get a Logitech G29, it comes with a shifter to play some Euro Truck Simulator 2

Nice find! I saw a racing wheel at a thrift store for like $50 a while back, didn't get it because you never know if it'll work, and most thrift stores don't allow returns. 

40 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Wow, forgot about this topic. I'm still on the lookout for a racing wheel, but I'm too cheap these days lol. 

Nice find! I saw a racing wheel at a thrift store for like $50 a while back, didn't get it because you never know if it'll work, and most thrift stores don't allow returns. 

what's your budget ? i might be able to recommend you some for the bucks you got :D, there are lot of brands and luckily competition made prices drop 

Racing games require you to have a good fast speed wheel that's not a G29 or G27, you know? I personally have G29 myself and it's a good wheel that you can use for all games but it doesn't have the racing feel. It's like for normal speeds classic driving style.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:53 AM, Empire said:

Racing games require you to have a good fast speed wheel that's not a G29 or G27, you know? I personally have G29 myself and it's a good wheel that you can use for all games but it doesn't have the racing feel. It's like for normal speeds classic driving style.

So you planning on getting a Thrustmaster or another Logitech racing wheel?

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So you planning on getting a Thrustmaster or another Logitech racing wheel?

Nope, I stick with my G29, I'm not into racing speeds games anyway. Only time that the wheel gets setup if I was doing Euro or American trucks sims. 🙂 

On 3/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, Empire said:

Nope, I stick with my G29, I'm not into racing speeds games anyway. Only time that the wheel gets setup if I was doing Euro or American trucks sims. 🙂 

Got it. 

On 2/11/2021 at 11:10 PM, Family sedan said:

I used to have a wheel and pedal setup to play NASCAR Racing 2, but then I switched to a joystick.  I was playing NR2 from '97 to 2002.  My setup wasn't very good anyway, the joystick was a far superior experience.

I mean racing wheels from that era weren't anywhere as good as the ones we had today so a controller made far more sense back then.

I used to have a steering wheel and pedals for a nascar game I played - although I stopped using them a long time ago.

thought about buying a joystick to okay Ace Combat in my PS4, but it’s a tad too pricey for just one game that can use it so far as well 

6 hours ago, Syntax said:

I used to have a steering wheel and pedals for a nascar game I played - although I stopped using them a long time ago.

thought about buying a joystick to okay Ace Combat in my PS4, but it’s a tad too pricey for just one game that can use it so far as well 

It's kind of counterintuitive if you are going to buy an accessory only for one game because most times, they cost more than the game itself.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:52 PM, Kane99 said:

Over here you can actually test it out and see if it's working or not before making payment. It's how I got mine for $40.