Register Now
Kane99

Discuss a favorite game every day thread

On 10/21/2020 at 12:54 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

@Kane99 Since childhood, I've been into racing games. My friends were into FPS games such as CS:GO, Fortnite and Valorant, and I was the one in the group with NFS, DiRT etc.

It captivates me how realistic it can be.

I used to play racing games more when I was younger and in my teen years. I got into the original Need For Speed on the PS1, along with Test Drive. I remember owning Test Drive 4 for the PS1 and my bro and I would play that a lot. Around the PS2 I started to tire of the racing games, as they got too fast for me lol. Especially the NFS Underground games. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

I do remember rampage. 2nd version of the game is pretty fun as well. 

Looks almost the same gameplay wise to the original game, just with better graphics. Sadly I haven't played any of the newer games in the series. Though, I think I actually picked up a used copy of it on the PS1 a while back, but I need to double check my collection. 

Test Drive Unlimited

The best racing game ever created. I was lucky enough to be a beta tester for this game. And it is everything I wanted from a racing game. It is just a feelgood awesome no-nonsense experience, that oozes the love of driving and great rides, from the past to present. It even offers the opportunity for us less fortunate ones to get into the lifestyle of weath, buying big houses villas and garages around hawaii, and driving to dealerships to buy new cars.

it's not for NFS fans with the attention spans of 5 minutes. If you look at an NFS game the average race length is less than 5 minutes. In TDU, there are numerous 50+ mile road races. With one 150 mile round trip race around oahu.

And of course what truly makes it great is the level of immersion, that never stops, you arrive in hawaii on a plane choose your avatar that you can later customize with various outfits that all can be bought with in game credits at various in game stores, this being a game before the time of microtransactions. It's all just a big dream from beginning to end.

What makes me truly happy is that some of the original creators are now working on bringing TDU back with a third game.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, m76 said:

Test Drive Unlimited

The best racing game ever created. I was lucky enough to be a beta tester for this game. And it is everything I wanted from a racing game. It is just a feelgood awesome no-nonsense experience, that oozes the love of driving and great rides, from the past to present. It even offers the opportunity for us less fortunate ones to get into the lifestyle of weath, buying big houses villas and garages around hawaii, and driving to dealerships to buy new cars.

it's not for NFS fans with the attention spans of 5 minutes. If you look at an NFS game the average race length is less than 5 minutes. In TDU, there are numerous 50+ mile road races. With one 150 mile round trip race around oahu.

And of course what truly makes it great is the level of immersion, that never stops, you arrive in hawaii on a plane choose your avatar that you can later customize with various outfits that all can be bought with in game credits at various in game stores, this being a game before the time of microtransactions. It's all just a big dream from beginning to end.

What makes me truly happy is that some of the original creators are now working on bringing TDU back with a third game.

I'm getting a Far Cry vibe from the graphics. Not bad. I played a few of the Test Drive games, never played this one though. Looks pretty! I might have to check it out. 

A game I want to talk about today is Shadow of the Colossus. I have the PS2 version and still have the save file for it somewhere. I have like 8 more bosses to get through before I beat it. I'm considering getting the remastered version at some point. Did it come out for the PS4? If so I should get a PS4 soon. 😄 

But yeah, this game was so huge for the PS2. The boss fights were some of the coolest I've ever seen. I wish I completed it on the PS2, but maybe one day I'll revisit it, or like I said, get the remastered version with probably better controls. I wish they made boss battles as cool as that these days. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm getting a Far Cry vibe from the graphics. Not bad. I played a few of the Test Drive games, never played this one though. Looks pretty! I might have to check it out. 

A game I want to talk about today is Shadow of the Colossus. I have the PS2 version and still have the save file for it somewhere. I have like 8 more bosses to get through before I beat it. I'm considering getting the remastered version at some point. Did it come out for the PS4? If so I should get a PS4 soon. 😄 

But yeah, this game was so huge for the PS2. The boss fights were some of the coolest I've ever seen. I wish I completed it on the PS2, but maybe one day I'll revisit it, or like I said, get the remastered version with probably better controls. I wish they made boss battles as cool as that these days. 

I never played Shadow of the Colossus on ps2 so it's hard to compare, but I have it on the ps4. The controls seem a bit sluggish. Picture looks amazing and hard to believe it was a game for the ps2. So if you are looking for a quicker response from the controller, I wouldn't count on it. 

Since I've been playing Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, I guess I'll talk about that. I love this DLC for RDR1. The story mode is a ton of fun, and the multiplayer is a blast too. Sadly I couldn't get multiplayer to work last night. I suspect the servers may be down or maybe I just can't get it to work on Xbox One. 😞 Anyway, I played a few hours last night while I had a meeting with some people I work with. I think I'm nearly halfway through the DLC. I'm thinking I might stream it tonight for a Halloween stream. 

As for the game today. It runs great and still looks great. The controls are a bit stiff though, especially when riding your horse. I respect that RDR2 made some much needed changes. But I still would prefer they keep it the way it was in RDR1 so you can't flip off your horse when crashing into stuff. 

Deadeye rocks as usual, and there are all kinds of undead monsters to deal with. Some areas can get pretty chaotic. Who here remembers the Undead nightmare DLC? I remember the trailer that came out for it and was so happy to see actual tv spots for the game. 

11 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Since I've been playing Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, I guess I'll talk about that. I love this DLC for RDR1. The story mode is a ton of fun, and the multiplayer is a blast too. Sadly I couldn't get multiplayer to work last night. I suspect the servers may be down or maybe I just can't get it to work on Xbox One. 😞 Anyway, I played a few hours last night while I had a meeting with some people I work with. I think I'm nearly halfway through the DLC. I'm thinking I might stream it tonight for a Halloween stream. 

As for the game today. It runs great and still looks great. The controls are a bit stiff though, especially when riding your horse. I respect that RDR2 made some much needed changes. But I still would prefer they keep it the way it was in RDR1 so you can't flip off your horse when crashing into stuff. 

Deadeye rocks as usual, and there are all kinds of undead monsters to deal with. Some areas can get pretty chaotic. Who here remembers the Undead nightmare DLC? I remember the trailer that came out for it and was so happy to see actual tv spots for the game. 

I actually played that more than the original RDR. Think I'm gonna give it another shot! Forgot about that game. Dang it! One more on my inny minny miny moe list!

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Driver 3 was one of my favorites back in the day...

I loved the original Driver. Played it to death on the PS1. I would spend hours editing replay videos purely for my own enjoyment as there was no function for sharing them 'back in the day'. Sadly never played the sequels.

7 hours ago, Zak said:

I loved the original Driver. Played it to death on the PS1. I would spend hours editing replay videos purely for my own enjoyment as there was no function for sharing them 'back in the day'. Sadly never played the sequels.

Same here. I grew up with the Driver series. The first one I played a ton with my brother in law, he was pretty good at the game. I then got my hands on Driver 2, which is my favorite among the original games. Driver 3 was already, but it was a glitched mess and wasn't 100% finished. 

But yeah, Driver is one of my favorites. But that beginning tutorial, my goodness was it annoying!

13 hours ago, Zak said:

I used to have the Driver game for PS1 on a demo CD and that's what got me hooked to the series. The sequels up to Driver 3 was pretty good but with its dated graphics and gameplay, I'm not certain you'd like it that much though.

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Same here. I grew up with the Driver series. The first one I played a ton with my brother in law, he was pretty good at the game. I then got my hands on Driver 2, which is my favorite among the original games. Driver 3 was already, but it was a glitched mess and wasn't 100% finished. 

But yeah, Driver is one of my favorites. But that beginning tutorial, my goodness was it annoying!

The thing I didn't like was the fact that the tutorial was mandatory. There was absolutely no way to skip it.