Register Now
Kane99

Discuss a favorite game every day thread

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

I had the first Virtua Cop on the Sega Saturn years ago. Had the light gun for it too. I remember playing it a ton with my brother. Such a blast to play. As well, I remember a few other shooters like it on the Saturn and the PS1. I had a Judge Dredd game, but it wasn't good. 

Anyway, may as well stick to the Saturn. I also had Virtua Fighter 2. It's a really decent fighting game, but doesn't look super great on the Sega Saturn. Either way, I had a ton of fun playing it on the Saturn. I haven't really bothered much with the sequels after though. 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:24 PM, Kane99 said:

I had the first Virtua Cop on the Sega Saturn years ago. Had the light gun for it too. I remember playing it a ton with my brother. Such a blast to play. As well, I remember a few other shooters like it on the Saturn and the PS1. I had a Judge Dredd game, but it wasn't good. 

Anyway, may as well stick to the Saturn. I also had Virtua Fighter 2. It's a really decent fighting game, but doesn't look super great on the Sega Saturn. Either way, I had a ton of fun playing it on the Saturn. I haven't really bothered much with the sequels after though. 

I played the PC ported version which was kind of fun though no fun like arcde and the consoles though. 

Hey guys, I think most in here are forgetting the purpose of this topic. Sharing videos is fine and all, but let's try to stay a bit on topic and try to explain why we like the games we're sharing as well. I would love to hear your thoughts on the games you enjoy, as a video doesn't really tell me why it's a favorite of yours. Just seems kind of spammy to me when it's just videos with no explanations as to why they're your favorites, no offense. 

Anyway, back to the subject at hand

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I played the PC ported version which was kind of fun though no fun like arcde and the consoles though. 

Hmm, I didn't even know it came out on PC. But then again, SEGA is known for releasing some of their games on PC, so I suppose that makes sense. The character I liked to play as in the game, was the dude who was drunk all the time, I think he was a play on the drunken master or something, because he did similar moves that Jackie Chan did. Just always thought he was fun to play as. 

Anyway, another game I have fond memories for, is Spelunker for the NES, I think it's what inspired the likes of Spelunky, which is also another good game. But Spelunker was what kind of started it. It's a game where your goal is to find treasure at the bottom, all the while you have to traverse this cave and fight off enemies. I never got too far it in sadly, but I had a ton of fun with it. I haven't played it in years sadly, so maybe it's time I change that soon. 😄 

Final Fantasy X is one of my favorites and it was my first turn based rpg. The story really impressed me and probably one of the best stories from games I've played to date. It was very challenging and fun. Sometimes it would take me an hour or more to defeat a foe using whatever bag of tricks I've accumulated. I played it on ps2, and have that itch to get it for the ps4.