Register Now
Kane99

Discuss a favorite game every day thread

Hey @killamch89, @skyfire, can we not spam the topic with just videos? This goes for anyone else just posting videos. I was hoping we'd discuss the games we share here. Posting just videos doesn't really tell us anything, it just feels really spammy to me. Sorry if I offend anyone saying this, but I had to say something. I made this topic to Discuss our favorite games, not to spam multiple videos back to back. I went back pages and it's just video after video. Let's get back to the subject at hand and cut out the spamming please. If you post a video, at least tell us why this game is so special to you. It's just spammy to plaster video after video with no explanation. 

This topic is also not a forum game, so people shouldn't be doing double posts or multiple posts right after another. 

Anyway, enough about that. Let's get back to subject. 

I've been playing ESPN NFL 2K5 again, but I found a way to use a PS2 emulator and got a version of the game with updated graphics and all that. It's refreshing to see it in glorious HD. It really says something, when a game that's 16 years old or so, still runs and plays better than new madden games lol. I played the newer Madden game recently, and it's the same Madden game we've gotten in recent years. They rarely change a thing, but a game from 16 years ago still plays better. It's crazy to me. Anyway, 2K5 is one of my all time favorite games, simply because it was the best sports game at the time, at least imo. I'm thinking I may start to stream the version I got now, as I want the world to see how good of a sports game it is. 😄

A game I've been thinking about as of late for some reason, is Metal Gear Solid 3. For some reason, I feel this game doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I remember playing it around the time it came out, and falling in love with how weird the story was. As well, that final boss fight was one of the best, and most depressing. But I always had a blast playing it. I remember taking out The End before you actually had to face him in the jungle. There is a point in the game where you see him outside in some area. If you're fast enough, you can snipe him out from here, essentially stopping the boss fight between you two later on. I always thought that was a cool touch, especially for a PS2 game. You don't see that a lot with newer games these days. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

A game I've been thinking about as of late for some reason, is Metal Gear Solid 3. For some reason, I feel this game doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I remember playing it around the time it came out, and falling in love with how weird the story was. As well, that final boss fight was one of the best, and most depressing. But I always had a blast playing it. I remember taking out The End before you actually had to face him in the jungle. There is a point in the game where you see him outside in some area. If you're fast enough, you can snipe him out from here, essentially stopping the boss fight between you two later on. I always thought that was a cool touch, especially for a PS2 game. You don't see that a lot with newer games these days. 

Having to kill your former mentor is sad and the worst part is that none of you are the real instigators. It's the Patriots that created that situation. Every game in the Metal Gear Solid franchise up to MGS V is a solid experience with a very well-written story but you're right - no one hardly ever talks about MGS 3. Most people haven't played all the games like I have so they wouldn't necessarily understand the significance of everything that happened in MGS 3 and its impact on the story.