Register Now
killamch89

Lebron James deserves his respect

I've never understood why some people hated on him/underestimated him and this has been a running theme for a decade now. He's won 4 NBA championships with 3 different teams - the first player ever to do so. However, I still hear some people trying to downplay his achievements. Personally, I hardly watch basketball anymore but I have always noticed this over the years especially on social media platforms. In my eyes, Lebron is already a legend, just like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant and should be treated as such. 

I'm interested to hear your views on Lebron James.

Lebron is a great basketball player and has proved himself. When he started in Cleveland, they were in the playoffs and as soon as he left, the team fell apart. I would have more respect for him if he stuck it out in Cleveland and kept trying for a championship there. Instead he chose an easier way to get a ring by joining with Miami, which was an all star team at the time always making the playoffs. He just had to get his ring. Then he proved himself again when he went back to Cleveland. 

But now, in joining another big team like the Lakers stocked with other big players, simply makes the sport a monopoly. It's the same teams in the playoffs every year. Lebron is a great player, but he chose stardom over sport. Sport is competition, not a contest where you put all the tall players on one team and all the short on the other. But he is one of the best. He has defense, charges the basket, makes 3's, and hits his free throws, all under pressure. 

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Lebron is a great basketball player and has proved himself. When he started in Cleveland, they were in the playoffs and as soon as he left, the team fell apart. I would have more respect for him if he stuck it out in Cleveland and kept trying for a championship there. Instead he chose an easier way to get a ring by joining with Miami, which was an all star team at the time always making the playoffs. He just had to get his ring. Then he proved himself again when he went back to Cleveland. 

But now, in joining another big team like the Lakers stocked with other big players, simply makes the sport a monopoly. It's the same teams in the playoffs every year. Lebron is a great player, but he chose stardom over sport. Sport is competition, not a contest where you put all the tall players on one team and all the short on the other. But he is one of the best. He has defense, charges the basket, makes 3's, and hits his free throws, all under pressure. 

We have to put some perspective on this. Most of the players in that Lakers team were unwanted players/rejects. Dwight Howard? - has moved teams for the past five seasons due to how horrible he was. Rondo? More or less the same (well they labelled him uncoachable). Marqueth Morris was signed on the disabled list. This isn't the Lakers of the past. The only talented players on that team are Anthony Davis and Lebron James. It's the chemistry between them all that made the Lakers win the Championship. Cleveland Cavaliers only had Kyrie Irving and it was when Lebron rejoined them that they ended up winning the Championship. The Miami Heat had Dwayne Wade and a couple of other talented players but they were nowhere as stacked as the Golden State Warriors currently are. This Lakers team doesn't even come close to any of the Championship winning teams they had in the past.