Register Now
Kane99

Do you feel the PS5 controller looks outdated?

I'm going to start off by saying, that I don't hate or dislike the new PS5 controller. I do think it kind of looks outdated though. I feel like this would have been a controller released with an older console at some point. Plus it looks more bulky than a PS4 controller. The PS4 controller looked sleek, but this one looks like a chunky boy. 

idk, what do you guys think? 

The thing, is that all countrollers look all the same since long, with small noticeable difference, so i don't think that Sony will make something that users won't be comfortable with and will keep making same shape controllers with more modern design

The controller design hasn't changed that much since the original PlayStation. Yeah, I mean it looks more curvy and is a bit sleeker but Sony has never strayed far from the original design. You could say the same for the XBox controllers, there's very little difference between the original and the series X.

PS4 was the first time Sony altered their controllers in any way, not counting wireless. They redid the angles and length, but kept the same layout and basic design. And in doing so, they made the most comfortable gaming controller in modern gaming. Not to mention being a thousand times more comfortable than the controllers of the old systems from Atari to now.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:48 PM, Demon_skeith said:

There is no need to update the design, they did improve it in a few handling areas that needed it which is all they need to do. No one wants a boomerang controller. 

Well yeah but the controller is already experiencing issues with things like the joystick and the trigger buttons. If you're not going to make any drastic changes, at least make sure it's reliable.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well yeah but the controller is already experiencing issues with things like the joystick and the trigger buttons. If you're not going to make any drastic changes, at least make sure it's reliable.

Sadly those issues are affecting all the console controllers, the industry has cut corners on that area it seems. 

22 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Sadly those issues are affecting all the console controllers, the industry has cut corners on that area it seems. 

It's a bigger problem with Sony it seems as some people were going to file a lawsuit over it but then again, Americans tend to sue for the silliest reasons.

As someone that uses the controller every day, I love it. I think it looks great and feels good in my hands as well. The size is not at all an issue really especially since they have added some great features like the haptics. I have a Series X as well and that controller just feels a bit cheap, especially with the vibrations. The PS5 one feels a lot more premium and expensive.

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I've seen some of the controllers of PS5, to be frank,it looks cool and I love it. Since I never tested it's gameplay I wouldn't know how it works at the moment. 

Seriously, why in the world would someone feel like the new PS5 controller 🎮 looks outdated? Something that's made with all simplicity to make it easier to use. 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:24 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, why in the world would someone feel like the new PS5 controller 🎮 looks outdated? Something that's made with all simplicity to make it easier to use. 

Laughs, I really don't know why the OP made such post about his or her controller being outdated. Because it's simply made recently with everything. 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:24 AM, Heatman said:

outdated means that Sony is still using the same design since the first playstation that was really decades ago 😛