Register Now
Kane99

Why not just call it Series Xbox or Series X?

With all the confusion around the new Xbox Series X name, it got me thinking. Instead of outright calling it the Xbox Series X, why not just go with Series Xbox or something? People are already confusing it with the Xbox One X, which is very close in name to the series X. So, instead, just call it the Series Xbox or something. Or even Xbox Series or something. Just anything besides this Xbox Series X. 

What do you guys think?

I think they just want to differentiate from the other console makers. I find their console naming weird too. With like the xbox 360, I figured the reason for the name was that you had far better abilities than the original xbox, and could use features you could never use before without tons and tons of adapters. Then they went with the Xbox 1, which added to the confusion of the x-box numbering, because it is technically #3 on the list of consoles.

9 minutes ago, Joshua Farrell said:

I think they just want to differentiate from the other console makers. I find their console naming weird too. With like the xbox 360, I figured the reason for the name was that you had far better abilities than the original xbox, and could use features you could never use before without tons and tons of adapters. Then they went with the Xbox 1, which added to the confusion of the x-box numbering, because it is technically #3 on the list of consoles.

That's probably why they have caused confusion with their console names in recent years. The Xbox One was a dumb choice imo. People at the time, suggested just calling it Xbox. Which I think they should have done. It would make it easier for consumers to know what they're getting and it'd sell a lot easier too I imagine.

I just think, it would be a good idea for them to call the new console something else, maybe just Xbox like I said. Or call it Xbox 4 or something. 

Their thinking is probably that if they come up with confusing names, then people will buy the wrong system, and then when they go for the one they actually wanted the screw up was entirely on the consumer, and thus making Microsoft more money. Someone goes in to buy their kid an Xbox Series X and they accidentally get an Xbox One X. Then they have to buy another system to get the right one. Many places won't allow returns for you just buying the wrong thing. That's on you in their opinion.

I don't really see any problem with the name Microsoft Gave to the console, Xbox series X sounds pretty fine to me. And why would anyone be mistaking it to the Xbox one X I don't see how that correlate either.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I think they should have just gone with Xbox Or Xbox X and Xbox S if they are also coming out with a lower cost system. At this point no one is going to confuse the og Xbox with the new one

Yes, just calling it Xbox I think would be ideal. Maybe slap a ver. number at the end of the name for each new update you do. I could see it working fine. I think that was the intention of the Xbox Series X, to be upgradeable if needed, and so I figure, why not just keep it at Xbox and give it a version number with each new release. Do Xbox 2, Xbox 3, who cares. Honestly it sounds better than Series X. We already had Xbox One, so just jump to 2, 3, 4, etc. Do what PS is doing. Simple. 

On 12/30/2020 at 2:20 PM, Peterlight said:

I don't see a reason why they needed to make different series, why can't they just make a simply named Xbox console. 

They can simply make it Xbox max, Xbox total, Xbox final and others. The series stuff is just not part of it.

This is exactly my point! Why are they stressing a lot of gamers? Calling all of them Xbox consoles with different numbers can make it easier for everyone to know just like Sony did with Playstation 1-5 and counting.