Register Now
Kane99

Which games should Rare revive?

It's a given this discussion will go right to Conker and Banjo-kazooie, but there are other classics under Rare's belt. What would you like to see them revive? I for sure want more Conker, we haven't had him in years. It's time to give the guy a revival. I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie in a new game as well, one closer to the original games and not what the last game was. The one that shall not be named lol. You could also include Perfect Dark, and a new Killer Instinct would be nice too. 

Discuss! 🙂 

I think the platformers like Banjo-Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day are in kind of a dated genre by now and I believe there was a new version of Killer Instinct realeed like 5 or 6 years ago.  Since Goldeneye is a complete licencing hellhole that leaves Perfect Dark the only real viable option in my opinion.

I think I've mentioned before how much I would love to see a proper remake of Perfect Dark but... I wouldn't actually want Rare to do it.  I think it would be better to give the project to 343 or Microsoft's newly acquired id Software since they have more experience with modern shooters.

15 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I think the platformers like Banjo-Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day are in kind of a dated genre by now

Unfortunately, I have to agree. While it would be interesting to see them make a comeback, they just can't touch the originals. While that's true for almost every franchise, some games are best left to only one to two entries. So like I said, it would be interesting, but I also see it being a massive failure with these two.

17 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I think the platformers like Banjo-Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day are in kind of a dated genre by now and I believe there was a new version of Killer Instinct realeed like 5 or 6 years ago.  Since Goldeneye is a complete licencing hellhole that leaves Perfect Dark the only real viable option in my opinion.

I think I've mentioned before how much I would love to see a proper remake of Perfect Dark but... I wouldn't actually want Rare to do it.  I think it would be better to give the project to 343 or Microsoft's newly acquired id Software since they have more experience with modern shooters.

Goldeneye will never happen, as I think Activision owns the 007 licensing, at least I think so. I get your point though, because I don't know if a remaster or reboot would be the same. It wouldn't feel the same I mean. Maybe they could make the graphics look more cartoon like, to kind of match the older style of game. They could even have another studio handle it. Maybe an indie studio instead. 

I still would like to have a new Conker game at the very least. 

On 10/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, Crazycrab said:

I have to agree with your sentiments but Perfect Dark is coming back as an Xbox exclusive(If I'm not mistaken) so well see how that game pans out. Banjo-Kazooie has to be one of the wackiest game characters I know in existence and that's what always made him interesting to me but most people wouldn't like him at all. Especially modern gamers...