Register Now
Kane99

Console generation you remember the most?

When it comes to the past console generations, which ones do you prefer the most? I usually fall in line with the 6th generation, which I believe was the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube generation. I also like the 7th generation, which was the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii generation, but also like the 8th gen. Here's hoping the 9th gen turns out to be one of the best. We shall see. 🙂 

Anyway, what is your favorite console generation?

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

First. Atari 2600, NES, Colecovision. I remember those games so much. And I play them like crazy today, on the original systems. No flashback bullshit. The real thing. It's bliss.

I don't count those flashback devices anyway lol. I've seen them selling on Facebook marketplace as Atari consoles, and it bugs me so much. 

2 minutes ago, AndreiMirfi said:

PS2. I had a little "gang" with this console. Good old times .. 🙂

PS2 was the shit! I think it's the one console I had the most games for originally. I had a lot on the PS1, but mostly bought for the PS2. Sadly I idiotically sold off most of my collection years ago, but have slowly built up my collection again. 

I'd say the PS1 with Nintendo 64 and Sega Dreamcast were a memorable one for me. So many great games and where rivalries were developed. 007 Bond, Mario Go-kart 64 and Super Smash Brothers made the best multiplayer games for me and my friends. For the PS1, there was Gran Turismo, Armored Core, Twisted Metal, Mortal Kombat 3 among others. For the Dreamcast, there was Crazy Taxi, Sonic among others...Good times... 

28 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

Yeah, the PS1 was one of the few things that made the late '90's worth living in, besides Drew Bledsoe, Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker and late '90's NASCAR.  And Rage Against the Machine, but my vote goes to the PS1.

The PS1 also brought us the beloved Crash Bandicoot, the most random videogame character I've ever known. Seriously, how do you explain Crash Bandicoot to someone and why most of us liked it?

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The PS1 also brought us the beloved Crash Bandicoot, the most random videogame character I've ever known. Seriously, how do you explain Crash Bandicoot to someone and why most of us liked it?

I think the following two are a little more random....

Boogerman.jpg

Poop Slinger.jpg

Edited by The Blackangel