Register Now
Kane99

Do fanboys take things too seriously with gaming?

I hate looking at the comment section for most gaming news. There's just so many fanboys on all sides, who complain to each other. I don't get it. No one is winning when you argue on social media. It's why I don't usually comment on social media, because if you have a different opinion, you get a ton of hate, so I move on from that. But, why is it that so many people take consoles and some games so seriously? It's like if you judge a game, or a console, you get a ton of arguing. There's no winning. 

Either it be a Sony fanboy, a Nintendo fanboy, or even a Xbox fanboy, they all argue about it and claim one or the other is better. Let's just all get along and like what we like. 

What do you guys think? 

Well, if someone disses how your girlfriend looks, you get mad right? If someone disses a game you like and others follow, then reviews for the game go pretty low. And for some reason there are excellent games out there with unfavorable reviews. So that bad publicity can change the direction in making a sequel to that game. That's why some can get irritated. For example, Assassins Creed I love in this generation, but many say it has run its course because they like the older ones. That makes me worry that they might cut back on future plans. Public opinion matters. And public opinion is never a love story. 

Oh, fanboys! FUCKING FANBOYS! Oh how I HATE thee!

I wish o could create a pill to turn these fanatics sworn to idiocy into rational, human beings. Failing that, just ship them to a island whare than only interact with other fanboys, bot digitally and in reality, and leave the rest of us to enjoy our hobbys and our passions in peace. Don'tget me wrong, I love opinions. I love having them, I love hearing them and most of all I love learning from them. Seeing another perspective and way of thinking through the free exchange of information is wonderful and even essential.

Fanboys, however, are not interested in any of that. Seeing someone either blindly defending or a attacking in the name a certain brand, product or coperate entity that doesn't care if said individual died tomorrow annoys me to the extreme. I mean I usually find myself getting more hyped up for what PlayStation has coming as opposed to Xbox, but that's because what PlayStation tends to offer fits me better, but dose that mean I'm gonna take up arms for Sony when the do something stupid? No! If you consider yourself a true fan of something, you'll expect and even demand the very best of of whatever it is, not accept and defend it when they get something obviously wrong.

I've more or less hated Xbox since it's first system. I've always been a Nintendo girl. But you know what? I have a PS1,2,3,4. I have an Xbox One. I have NES, SNES, N64, Switch, GBASP, and a few other Nintendos. I have Atari 2600. I have Sega Genesis.

Out of all of those, I prefer my Nintendo systems. Does that mean that I'm going to argue that Nintendo is the supreme system and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron? No. Everyone has their taste. I grew up on the old stuff. I'm still wanting to find a working Colecovision. There are people here that grew up on the PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. No one is going to think identical to anyone else. Twins don't even think identically.

So you have your preference. I have mine. Neither is a superior opinion, because it's just that. An opinion. Take your head out of your ass, and grow the fuck up.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:24 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Well, if someone disses how your girlfriend looks, you get mad right? If someone disses a game you like and others follow, then reviews for the game go pretty low. And for some reason there are excellent games out there with unfavorable reviews. So that bad publicity can change the direction in making a sequel to that game. That's why some can get irritated. For example, Assassins Creed I love in this generation, but many say it has run its course because they like the older ones. That makes me worry that they might cut back on future plans. Public opinion matters. And public opinion is never a love story. 

Idk if that really compares. If someone disses my girlfriend I imagine I'd be pretty annoyed, but if it was a console or a game I enjoyed, it wouldn't bother me. Some people have dumb takes and say dumb things, but for the most part, it doesn't bother me at all. And I don't think fanboys can really cause game reviews to go lower. I suppose you can say that about people who review bomb games though, but I think we've come to a point where people don't really bother with sites like metacritic. 

The thing with Assassin's Creed, is that it did the same things up until a certain point, now they're re-inventing the formula and some fans aren't happy. You can't please everyone and the direction Ubisoft is going with their franchise isn't going to go back to its original formula. 

On 10/21/2020 at 12:43 PM, Shagger said:

Oh, fanboys! FUCKING FANBOYS! Oh how I HATE thee!

I wish o could create a pill to turn these fanatics sworn to idiocy into rational, human beings. Failing that, just ship them to a island whare than only interact with other fanboys, bot digitally and in reality, and leave the rest of us to enjoy our hobbys and our passions in peace. Don'tget me wrong, I love opinions. I love having them, I love hearing them and most of all I love learning from them. Seeing another perspective and way of thinking through the free exchange of information is wonderful and even essential.

Fanboys, however, are not interested in any of that. Seeing someone either blindly defending or a attacking in the name a certain brand, product or coperate entity that doesn't care if said individual died tomorrow annoys me to the extreme. I mean I usually find myself getting more hyped up for what PlayStation has coming as opposed to Xbox, but that's because what PlayStation tends to offer fits me better, but dose that mean I'm gonna take up arms for Sony when the do something stupid? No! If you consider yourself a true fan of something, you'll expect and even demand the very best of of whatever it is, not accept and defend it when they get something obviously wrong.

Fanboys just want to argue. That's how I see them personally, and usually you get those types for each console brand and it's just a 3 way battle where no one wins. Eventually they get tired of the argument and move on. 

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've more or less hated Xbox since it's first system. I've always been a Nintendo girl. But you know what? I have a PS1,2,3,4. I have an Xbox One. I have NES, SNES, N64, Switch, GBASP, and a few other Nintendos. I have Atari 2600. I have Sega Genesis.

Out of all of those, I prefer my Nintendo systems. Does that mean that I'm going to argue that Nintendo is the supreme system and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron? No. Everyone has their taste. I grew up on the old stuff. I'm still wanting to find a working Colecovision. There are people here that grew up on the PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. No one is going to think identical to anyone else. Twins don't even think identically.

So you have your preference. I have mine. Neither is a superior opinion, because it's just that. An opinion. Take your head out of your ass, and grow the fuck up.

I can understand that. Microsoft gets a lot of hate, and rightfully so, MS doesn't have the greatest track record as a company. But, for me it is a brand I enjoy using and don't have much problems with them for the most part. But I also enjoy PlayStation and Nintendo. Hell, I'd even toss in Google if I could take advantage of Stadia. 

Fanboys just want to hear themselves praise their company. Maybe they have hopes those companies will hear them and reach out thanking them or something. But the amount of arguing a fanboy does, it's just a waste of time imo. 

The right wing wants to force their opinion on everyone and try to force them to repeat it as if they're a god damn parrot. They may not be fanboys but their nazi tactics are fucking everything up, especially since they're trying to revoke other people's freedoms in so many areas of life.

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Entire game industry is under influence of SJWs and left wingers. All things end though, so one has to just wait and see the end of that, eventually like all things. 

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The right wing wants to force their opinion on everyone and try to force them to repeat it as if they're a god damn parrot. They may not be fanboys but their nazi tactics are fucking everything up, especially since they're trying to revoke other people's freedoms in so many areas of life.

A polite reminder to you both, but especially @skyfireas the one who first derailed the topic, that this is not a topic about social politics. Please stick to the matter at hand.

I'm a PC fanboy(I'm just kidding guys, I just like to rub it in that PC is the superior gaming platform)...In all seriousness though, I'm not a fanboy of any particular company as they can easily change in the blink of an eye. For instance, back in the days, EA used to make quality sports titles that I used to purchase every year as a kid. However, in the last decade, EA has been providing us with terrible sports games so I made the decision to stop supporting them some years back.

It's okay to like a company's work but don't let that be the reason to ignore a company's shady practices. I like Nintendo games but I'll always call them out on their greedy money-grabbing practices like in recent years.

Just looking at Facebook, you will see a 50/50 divide among people. Look at any news article about a popular game, for example, Cyberpunk 2077. That game is all over social media right now, and it seems to be 50/50 divide among fans. What bothers me about how fanboys act these days, is that they feel they're right about what they say. 

A fan of CDPR will say something like "Give them a break, they said they were sorry, you should know better than to get the PS4 version anyway, you poor saps" Or something along those lines, or they will say "get a gaming PC my guy, everyone should know the PS4 version wasn't going to work". I've seen comments where fans try to claim CDPR did nothing wrong, and the fans are to blame for them rushing it. Even though CDPR lied about it the PS4/Xbox versions working fine. It just boggles my mind how blind some people can be in regards to the actual facts. 

I know I may sound like I am hating on CDPR and beating a dead horse with this Cyberpunk 2077 nonsense, but I am trying not to. it's just a recent example that works. Just check the facebook comments on posts about Cyberpunk, and you'll see what I mean. This can go for any game, brand, console that has a crazy fan base. For example, TLOU2. The initial thing was how mad they were when so and so died. And then they complained about a woman having muscles that were too big. I watched a playthrough of the game, and I thought it was good, nothing special, but not bad. 

But, lets not forget how crazy people get about Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. My god the arguments there. It feels like it's been less and less, because it seems both consoles are doing quite well. But, fanboys still find ways to be annoying. 

How do you guys feel about fanboys on social media? It can be from gaming to just about anything. But lets stick with gaming related. 

Moderator Edit: @Kane99's topic on Fanboys seemed very similar to this one, so I just decided to merge them together. 

Edited by Shagger

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Just looking at Facebook, you will see a 50/50 divide among people. Look at any news article about a popular game, for example, Cyberpunk 2077. That game is all over social media right now, and it seems to be 50/50 divide among fans. What bothers me about how fanboys act these days, is that they feel they're right about what they say. 

A fan of CDPR will say something like "Give them a break, they said they were sorry, you should know better than to get the PS4 version anyway, you poor saps" Or something along those lines, or they will say "get a gaming PC my guy, everyone should know the PS4 version wasn't going to work". I've seen comments where fans try to claim CDPR did nothing wrong, and the fans are to blame for them rushing it. Even though CDPR lied about it the PS4/Xbox versions working fine. It just boggles my mind how blind some people can be in regards to the actual facts. 

I know I may sound like I am hating on CDPR and beating a dead horse with this Cyberpunk 2077 nonsense, but I am trying not to. it's just a recent example that works. Just check the facebook comments on posts about Cyberpunk, and you'll see what I mean. This can go for any game, brand, console that has a crazy fan base. For example, TLOU2. The initial thing was how mad they were when so and so died. And then they complained about a woman having muscles that were too big. I watched a playthrough of the game, and I thought it was good, nothing special, but not bad. 

But, lets not forget how crazy people get about Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. My god the arguments there. It feels like it's been less and less, because it seems both consoles are doing quite well. But, fanboys still find ways to be annoying. 

How do you guys feel about fanboys on social media? It can be from gaming to just about anything. But lets stick with gaming related. 

Moderator Edit: @Kane99's topic on Fanboys seemed very similar to this one, so I just decided to merge them together. 

This Cyberpunk launch has been nothing short of a disaster. Let's take the puzzling performance of Ryzen chips for Cyberpunk 2077. Does anyone want to know the reason why? The answer is simple really, CD Projekt Red failed to update their optimizer for AMD and optimized it for Bulldozer CPUs! This moment will not be forgotten by many of us.

They surely do, they are the reason why lot of peaceful dudes started hating some platforms, alright we got it, you love something, that doesn't mean everyone else has to do so, also there is no need to brag about how better the thing you prefer is than the thing that everyone else prefers...