Register Now
Kane99

What are some games you play to relax?

Are there any games that you play to relax? Maybe it's just a chill puzzle game, or a sports game, or anything. What games help you to relax during a tough or long day? For me, it's pretty simple, I found peggle to be a great stress reliever, and helps me relax. I also like to play simple games that don't require a lot of challenge, because if it requires work, it is not going to relax me. I will also play stuff like call of duty, until I of course get mad. 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

I mostly go for the tower defense type of the games. I find them pretty fun to play and also are relaxxing. I also do play MOBA because those are indeed fun to play as well. 

I can see that for tower defense games. I normally don't get into them, but the times I have played them I thought it was relaxing. Or maybe it was because the game I was playing was too easy lol. 

3 hours ago, m76 said:

BeamNg

The name rings a bell, but I'm drawing a blank. But after a google search, I realize it's that game with the extreme car physics where you can crash them in realistic fashion. 

40 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I usually go with something I know virtually everything about. Something I have played for decades, like FF8 or Zelda (N64 and back). Those kind of games help me relax a lot.

That's smart. A game you know you're not going to have issues playing, so in turn it's relaxing. I have that with a lot of games myself, like Smackdown Here comes the pain, GTA (most games), and a few others. 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:45 PM, Kane99 said:

I can see that for tower defense games. I normally don't get into them, but the times I have played them I thought it was relaxing. Or maybe it was because the game I was playing was too easy lol. 

They can be fun to play as you just set it up the towere once per wave and let it work. so less stress in game. 

Oddly enough, I either play Rocket League or Fallout 4. I know, due to the nature of both games, they should really make you tense but I'm far more tense when playing Skyrim and multiple dragons attacking me at once. In Fallout, I can spend time working on my settlements for instance.

There are allot of games to relax, However, flying isn't as you would be expected.  I do allot of flight simulators and most flights that I do are 2 to 3 hours long and on a good full day, I do even longer flights. Once up in the air with 30mins worth of being busy dealing with the aircraft you are then sitting for 3 hours doing nothing but looking at the screen. I do enjoy doing it but it's not that relaxing in away. Why! well expecting things to go wrong, PC is working overtime and then you are always worrying about things that can happen.

So for me when I'm not streaming, I do CSGO to get some action and fells good for that afterwards. At times I do 90mins of flight and the last hour CSGO. 

When I want to relax, I also play Tetris or Age of the Empires. Tetris is just one of those games that can either be very relaxing or stressing depending on how you approach it. If you trying to beat it, you'll become very stressed because this game doesn't have an ending. If you just play it to kill time, you'll be very relaxed.

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

Tetris kind of burns my head down. I do prefer age of empires. 

There is a growing trend of the relaxing games coming out lately. It seems like those games are worth trying out. 

As I said, Tetris seems to frustrate the hell out of most people but I find it relaxing. But then again, I'm a bit of a weirdo.