Register Now
Kane99

Would you like this KFC themed Xbox Controller?

New Xbox controllers are being released in preparation for the upcoming Xbox Series X/S releases. These controllers will work on current gen Xbox One consoles as well, so that's pretty cool. I saw some going for $60, which is cheap considering that controllers at the moment seem to be running up to $70-$80 at some sites. Anyway, I guess Xbox and KFC have teamed up in the UK for a contest where you can win this controller. In order to win, you have to go to a local KFC in the UK to enter this giveaway. Here's an image of the controller: 

kfc-controller.jpg

Yeah, it's quite ugly I'd say lol. But I am surprised this isn't happening here in the US at local KFCs. I can see people trying to win this lol. If this was for sale, would you buy it? 

Read more about it at this article here - Half-Glass Gaming

33 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I would buy it from someone who won it. If it's unique or limited edition anyway. It would be quite the collectible.

Oh for sure, this controller will eventually be sought after like any oddity in the gaming world. Just wish it wasn't so ugly lol. Now wait and see, Burgerking, McDonalds and others might even jump onto the bandwagon. 😄

On 10/23/2020 at 8:32 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I sure can go for a bucket of chicken. Did you know the colors yellow, orange, and red stimulate appetite? 

Yeah, I heard something about that too. Makes sense since I always craved mac and cheese when watching The Lion King lol. It was probably because of the their color, since it's so close to what mac and cheese is. lol But yeah, I see that. Other cartoons made me crave food. 

5 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I love KFC, but that's bad.

They could have at least tried to come up with a creative design. It just seems lazy to me. 

On 12/11/2020 at 11:51 PM, killamch89 said:

I personally would pass on this controller because every time I look at it, I'd start to get hungry because I'd be thinking about that bucket of chicken or the popcorn chicken or their Zinger sandwich *starts getting hungry* See what I mean?!

lol, I know right. I think if I'd own it, even as ugly as it is, I'd still get hungry, because if I see KFC, I may get a craving for it. So, in a way, it's smart on KFCs part to put out a controller, even if you can't buy it. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

lol, I know right. I think if I'd own it, even as ugly as it is, I'd still get hungry, because if I see KFC, I may get a craving for it. So, in a way, it's smart on KFCs part to put out a controller, even if you can't buy it. 

Free advertising at its best!

What a great idea to see and do, perfect. Another advantage of promotion and advertising, great idea to do it for my website or even my twitch page lol

Well, wouldn't do it anyway since the price point. Maybe one to show off. I think most all people can add there own skin's anyways, yet why KFC lol then they have teamed up with them to do the giveaway event.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:32 PM, Empire said:

What a great idea to see and do, perfect. Another advantage of promotion and advertising, great idea to do it for my website or even my twitch page lol

Well, wouldn't do it anyway since the price point. Maybe one to show off. I think most all people can add there own skin's anyways, yet why KFC lol then they have teamed up with them to do the giveaway event.

A giveaway is a great idea. I mean, since they're already promoting their product, why not go all the way! I definitely wouldn't buy it for that price either but you do have some "controller collectors" who would want to add it to their list.