Register Now
Kane99

Old games with a dual monitor setup

I've been playing some Battlefield 2 lately. I have a dual monitor setup, but for some reason, when I'm in game, I can't move over to the second screen unless I tab. And when I do either, it minimizes the game on me. Is there any way I can move from one monitor to the other without having to minimize the game? Do you guys know of a workaround for this? I use discord a lot, and want to be able to move back and forth without issue. But, I suspect with an older game like this, it may pose a problem. 

I wish I had more then one screen, Aren't for gaming to able to put more up on the screen while you are doing things 😜 You know. I just ahve the one gaming monitor that has the works as it's an gaming style. It’ll be fine. Can run monitors of different refresh rates without issue for a while (currently have a 165hz, 75hz, and 60hz).

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I wish I had more then one screen, Aren't for gaming to able to put more up on the screen while you are doing things 😜 You know. I just ahve the one gaming monitor that has the works as it's an gaming style. It’ll be fine. Can run monitors of different refresh rates without issue for a while (currently have a 165hz, 75hz, and 60hz).

I ended up upgrading to a third screen. I don't think I could ever go back to 1 or just 2 screens. Having a third screen helps a ton with the work I do. I can game on one, have a video on the other, and have my discord up on the third screen. Works really well. 

Unfortunately, older games still have problems with dual monitor setups. I'm unsure how to sort that, but it's no biggie. 

On 7/20/2022 at 7:57 PM, Kane99 said:

I ended up upgrading to a third screen. I don't think I could ever go back to 1 or just 2 screens. Having a third screen helps a ton with the work I do. I can game on one, have a video on the other, and have my discord up on the third screen. Works really well. 

Unfortunately, older games still have problems with dual monitor setups. I'm unsure how to sort that, but it's no biggie. 

Having just one single screen is not easy, trying to do 100 things at onces. I stream on Twitch and I have the following. 

1. OBS
  2. Discord
  3. Game
  4. Moobot
  5. Chat open
  6. alarts page open LOL

11 hours ago, Empire said:

Having just one single screen is not easy, trying to do 100 things at onces. I stream on Twitch and I have the following. 

1. OBS
  2. Discord
  3. Game
  4. Moobot
  5. Chat open
  6. alarts page open LOL

Yeah, if you're a streamer, having more than one screen is recommended. It's not easy to game on one screen and then move to various other screens. Of course I think the most we'd really need is two, but having three makes things even easier. Last festival I helped run I had a third monitor set up so that I could easily help with the green room, help with reaching out to moderators/speakers etc. I couldn't imagine just having one monitor, I'd be lost honestly. 

On 7/22/2022 at 5:49 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, if you're a streamer, having more than one screen is recommended. It's not easy to game on one screen and then move to various other screens. Of course I think the most we'd really need is two, but having three makes things even easier. Last festival I helped run I had a third monitor set up so that I could easily help with the green room, help with reaching out to moderators/speakers etc. I couldn't imagine just having one monitor, I'd be lost honestly. 

When I rebuild my gaming desktop, I'm definitely going for 2 monitors because as I said in other threads, I'll start streaming at some point.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When I rebuild my gaming desktop, I'm definitely going for 2 monitors because as I said in other threads, I'll start streaming at some point.

Yeah it's essentially impossible to stream with one screen. You could do it, but it would be a pain in the ass to figure out. Plus, it'll be hard to talk with chat, pay attention to your OBS or capture program/streaming app and more. I honestly recommend 3 monitors if you have a popping stream. Where you can use one screen for the game, one for the stream (OBS for example) and another screen for just chat and maybe discord if you're using that. 

But two screens will be a good start. 

On 8/5/2022 at 2:47 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah it's essentially impossible to stream with one screen. You could do it, but it would be a pain in the ass to figure out. Plus, it'll be hard to talk with chat, pay attention to your OBS or capture program/streaming app and more. I honestly recommend 3 monitors if you have a popping stream. Where you can use one screen for the game, one for the stream (OBS for example) and another screen for just chat and maybe discord if you're using that. 

But two screens will be a good start. 

Yeah, I believe basically all streaming setups ends up being three screens minimum, and then after that the next level is to have a dedicated capture/stream PC to capture and record, plus stream the videos from your main gaming PC, to take off the stress on it. 😁