Register Now
Kane99

Which PlayStation console had the best launch lineup?

From the PS1, to the PS5, which one has the better launch lineup? Personally I feel the PS2 had the best launch release, imo at least. But I grew up more with the PS1 and PS2 anyway. I didn't own a PS3 for a long while and I didn't get a PS4 this gen. Anyway, which PlayStation had the best lineup of games at the time of their release? 

I'd have to say the PS1 - it had so MANY games at launch or shortly after the launch such as Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Gran Turismo, Jet Moto, Wipeout, Xtreme Games etc. I don't remember any other PlayStation console even coming close to that. Well the PS2 would next on that list actually.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, Peterlight said:

PS2 was the bomb for me, then I bought Xbox 360 and then every changed. Lol, trust me I think Xbox 360 is way more better.

We are actually in the same both here when it comes to how we feel towards PS2 with its release launch line up. Sadly, I had to give my PS2 away. 

PS2, and PS3 for sure had the best line up the second that they dropped. The PS4 would be second, and PS1 after. I think the issue with the PS5 is that it was so hard to get the console that many publishers did a dual release with PS5 & PS4.