Register Now
Kane99

Ever lose all your save data before?

Have you ever lost save data for a game you've been playing forever? Or maybe it was save data on a memory card, that had many game files? I had a problem come up for one of my PS2 memory cards. I had saves for MGS 3, GTA San Andreas and more go bye-bye. The reason was, because of a PS2 demo disc for Vietiful Joe. If you played the demo for this game, it would erase any memory cards in your PS2. Thankfully I only had one memory card in. But, it had my save for my nearly finished file for San Andreas. I 

I still have the disc, but I wrote on it with permanent marker to take out your memory card when playing. I remember Sony did a program where they sent you a free PS2 game for this blunder, but I was too late in taking advantage of that deal. I think I could have gotten Sly Cooper too.

Has something like this ever happened to you? 

Yes. I was playing Zelda A Link To The Past a couple years ago. I had a file I had kept on it since I was a kid. It was one where I went through the entire game in one sitting and got a perfect score. I had wanted to keep file game on there forever. I moved my foot and caught it on the cord for the controller, which jerked the system. When I restarted all 3 files were blank. Needless to say, I was pissed.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Yes. I was playing Zelda A Link To The Past a couple years ago. I had a file I had kept on it since I was a kid. It was one where I went through the entire game in one sitting and got a perfect score. I had wanted to keep file game on there forever. I moved my foot and caught it on the cord for the controller, which jerked the system. When I restarted all 3 files were blank. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah you gotta be super careful around them, the slightest movement of the card could cause corruption. It's a pain to lose those save files. I cheated my way through San Andreas because of what happened to my save files. Really made me mad, because I was near the end of the game too, so I had to re-play everything. Which wasn't bad I guess, because I still had fun, but man was I an angry boy lol. 

I've had an electric storm blow out my ps3 and I lost all game data. It happened earlier this year but I have another ps3 now. And because of that I recently started giving Mass Effect 2 another try and some other games including Dead Space 2. I got really far in Dead Space 1 and lost all of that. I have two ps4 consoles and recently backed up everything on the 2nd one. Not playing around any more. I even save what I can on external hard drives and keep updating it every week. 

I remember when I played my first ever game: NFS Underground and my save data was at 70%, and one night, I forgot to save the data and somehow, all of it got deleted.

Had to recover my data for 4 hours. My mom was like: "Should I bring you some juice?"

Good old times...

Plenty of times, from that being due to HDD failure, or a bad update on the system, or me forgetting to save a game that I had in a paused state and the power goes out. It is hands down the worst feeling trying to redo things you already did (but can sometimes make it easier IMO to do).

1 hour ago, Syntax said:

Plenty of times, from that being due to HDD failure, or a bad update on the system, or me forgetting to save a game that I had in a paused state and the power goes out. It is hands down the worst feeling trying to redo things you already did (but can sometimes make it easier IMO to do).

Yeah, I sometimes find it's a breeze to go through the game again, but even so, I don't want to do it if I dont' have to. That's why I save a lot in games, especially with Cyberpunk 2077, as I've encountered a few glitches where I thought my save would be screwed. Thankfully, had a save from like 5 min ago that I could load. 

24 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, I sometimes find it's a breeze to go through the game again, but even so, I don't want to do it if I dont' have to. That's why I save a lot in games, especially with Cyberpunk 2077, as I've encountered a few glitches where I thought my save would be screwed. Thankfully, had a save from like 5 min ago that I could load. 

Same here. In games like Alien Isolation, I never pass up a save point because you never know what's lurking around every corner. I've beaten the game multiple times but I'm still petrified of what's around the corner.

Driver Parallel lines and Resident Evil 4, i had a PS2, but i lost the memory card, which made me stop playing those games, i replayed them later on PC, luckily i completely forgot about them when replaying them, otherwise they could be so boring