Register Now
Kane99

Do you use the social media share options?

Social media is a part of most of our lives, and inevitably video games will support more of them. They already support posting to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites, and I imagine more companies will start supporting it. I imagine now with the new gen consoles too, sharing is going to be a bigger picture thing. They're making it easier these days to make recordings of your gameplay. But, does anyone actually use these social media share options? 

I've maybe shared a few things to twitter and facebook, but it's not often. What about you?

I don't use social media, unless YouTube counts. I do have a throwaway Facebook account, but that's just because FB requires you to have an account to even view anything on the site. I have a Twitter, but that's only so I can upload images from my Switch, like the ones I post in the rewards thread @DC has going. But again, it's just a throwaway account. I used to post pics of my pets on an Instagram, but I can't remember any of the login or even what the link would be.

I do use the facebook, youtube and few other networks. If I like the streamer or the creator, I share their stuff where it is relevant. It is fun to post their content if you really think others benefit from it. But otherwise I don't use much share option. 

Maybe I need to utilize those share options more. I have a bunch of fun clips on Xbox live that I'd like to showcase one of these days. But I don't know if Facebook is really used much on Xbox. Unless I am missing something. 

I usually use gaming as a form of escapism so I am rarely on social media or have it in my mind when I am gaming - after all it is what I am trying to get away from so sharing things on it doesn't necessarily help. That being said, I do like to share from time to time, about any meaningful in-game achievements that I have reached!

On 11/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, 22_22 said:

I usually use gaming as a form of escapism so I am rarely on social media or have it in my mind when I am gaming - after all it is what I am trying to get away from so sharing things on it doesn't necessarily help. That being said, I do like to share from time to time, about any meaningful in-game achievements that I have reached!

That's totally understandable. Just out of curiosity, what kind of games do you play?

I don't. Even if I want to share something. I'll do it the old fashioned way. I just take a bunch of screenshots during playing and select the best after then upload them manually after curating and optimizing them.

Yes, I do not do it myself but rather have a online based servies that links to the RSS feed that sends out tweets to all social media sites. You can say it's cheating but saves me time rather then being on trying to get the word around. Does hastags 🙂 

On 2/10/2021 at 1:17 PM, Empire said:

Yes, I do not do it myself but rather have a online based servies that links to the RSS feed that sends out tweets to all social media sites. You can say it's cheating but saves me time rather then being on trying to get the word around. Does hastags 🙂 

That's definitely one good way to maximize your time in a very good way. I think I'm going to copy you on that.