Register Now
Kane99

How did you store your games?

When it came to storing games, a lot of the time we'd get rid of the original case a game would come with. This happened a lot for Atari, NES, SNES, and other cart based games. Once games started coming in jewel cases, or other plastic cases, people started to keep the games right in those. 

But, how did you store games back then? For my CD/DVD based games on PC, I would just store all of my game discs in a CD binder. For cart based games, I didn't have many with the box, so most of them are just the cart and I stored them on a shelf with my cased games. Some have a plastic standard case, and others have the plastic Nintendo sleeve you get with the game. Did you ever have a binder of lose disc based games? 

I never used a binder for my disc games. I can’t really give any particular reason other than simple preference. As for my cartridge games, I store them in plastic tubs with lids. I keep them dust and moisture free as best I can, to make sure that they work for as long as possible.

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I never used a binder for my disc games. I can’t really give any particular reason other than simple preference. As for my cartridge games, I store them in plastic tubs with lids. I keep them dust and moisture free as best I can, to make sure that they work for as long as possible.

Mostly for me I used binders for loose games. But otherwise, I keep them in their discs. And good idea on putting your cart games in a plastic tub. I need to actually do that myself one of these days to protect my games better. 

I didn't own much disk games and when I had garage sell back 10 years or more ago, I got ride alot of them and keep the good sets. Three of them in fact had half of data on them and the other data had to be downloaded of from online store, like steam. I have around 13 games that's in my cabinet and not being played or used anymore. My PC doesn't even have a disk drive anymore lol

Nowadays, like most things. It's all digital on steam, Epic, Orgin and microsoft account.  

On 11/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, killamch89 said:

When I was younger, I had a whole book shelf dedicated to my game collection.

I miss those days but now a days. I can't afford apartment for my hobbies. City rents are getting expensive year after another. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I miss those days but now a days. I can't afford apartment for my hobbies. City rents are getting expensive year after another. 

In almost any country you live now, the rent in cities is far more than in rural areas due to the conveniences available such as restaurants and all other sorts of facilities. In the case of my country, the rent on average is 2-3 times more.