Register Now
Kane99

What company is the most corrupt in the gaming industry?

The gaming industry is full of people who just want to increase their wealth, and don't care about the products they put out. There are a few companies I can't stand, either it be because of their bad practices, or because of how they work and act. It's also because of how they treat their developers and other workers. Companies like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Blizzard, 2K and more are known for being kind of shitty to their workers, to the gamers, and to the gaming community as a whole. But, who is the most corrupt? 

EA is probably a clear front-runner for their continues history of idiocy. It's mistake after mistake with them. 2K think they can advertise to gamers who paid for a $60 game, and not get backlash? Blizzard supports the Chinese government and has banned players who disagree with China. Ubisoft just had a sex scandal just recently as well. Activision, well, they're activision. 

But, what company is the most corrupt?

On 10/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, skyfire said:

I think if we conside news from the last 10 years. I'd say bethesda and EA are going to compete for the top spot. So I'd say that it all depends on the more or less controversy caused by such companies. 

EA, Bethesda, Activision, 2K Games and Ubisoft dominate this list and have been the primary reason that anti-consumer practices such as loot-boxes have become such a staple in modern games. 

Yeah, Konami deserves to be on this list just from the way they treated Kojima and their other employees. They clearly didn't care about their image, because they tanked it big time. I don't think they can get back into fans hearts either. I think they blew it. The only way I'd consider respecting them again, is if they started to work on games again. If they don't plan to make anymore games, at least sell of some of those franchises. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, Konami deserves to be on this list just from the way they treated Kojima and their other employees. They clearly didn't care about their image, because they tanked it big time. I don't think they can get back into fans hearts either. I think they blew it. The only way I'd consider respecting them again, is if they started to work on games again. If they don't plan to make anymore games, at least sell of some of those franchises. 

It's not just the staff - it's how they treat their best franchises as well. They turned Castlevania, Silent Hill and MG into slot machines games! As a huge fan of all 3 series, I'm so heartbroken by how they've treated those 3 major titles.

19 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

EA... I know it's NFS's company, but it sucks.

When it comes to poor quality games, EA is up there with the absolute worst.

17 hours ago, m76 said:

To me it's always Japanese companies who come first in terms of being just utterly despicable. In no particular order: Bandai Namco, Konami, Nintendo, even Sony.

Bandai Namco isn't much of gaming company though. They're more known for action figures. Konami is definitely a terrible one but Nintendo still produce quality content although they have hopped on the greed bandwagon in recent years. Sony are a greedy bunch as well but they do also have some quality titles.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When it comes to poor quality games, EA is up there with the absolute worst.

Bandai Namco isn't much of gaming company though. They're more known for action figures. Konami is definitely a terrible one but Nintendo still produce quality content although they have hopped on the greed bandwagon in recent years. Sony are a greedy bunch as well but they do also have some quality titles.

Just because they made some good games doesn't mean I give them a pass on greed. I'm not biased like that.

3 hours ago, The Burnout Kid said:

Well Given what I've read on EA I'll Go with them.

I mean Activision and Konami are in the same category. It's just that EA has been in the media more recently for the lawsuits but the other two are just as bad as EA and are one of the reasons the gaming industry is in this terrible state.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I mean Activision and Konami are in the same category. It's just that EA has been in the media more recently for the lawsuits but the other two are just as bad as EA and are one of the reasons the gaming industry is in this terrible state.

Really? Well IDK how scummy those 2 companies have been. Guess I'll read up on them sometime.