Register Now
Kane99

Should cheaters be banned for life?

Should cheaters who cheat in an esports event, be banned from that event for life? Or should cheaters get a chance after a suspension? I think to some extent, a cheater should be faced with a temporary ban, maybe for a couple years or so. What do you guys think? I think eventually you would have to allow them try out again, but of course, a second offense could result in a lifetime ban. 

What do you guys think? 

I'm a fan of the Idea that many developers have done and that's force cheaters to only play with each other. It's karmac by showing these annoying twit's what it's like to play with them, keeps them away from legitimate players and developers don't have to deal with assholes on Reddit drumming up a "controversy" by being "unfairly banned", when in 95% of cases it is 100% justified. So you see, everybody wins.

22 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm a fan of the Idea that many developers have done and that's force cheaters to only play with each other. It's karmac by showing these annoying twit's what it's like to play with them, keeps them away from legitimate players and developers don't have to deal with assholes on Reddit drumming up a "controversy" by being "unfairly banned", when in 95% of cases it is 100% justified. So you see, everybody wins.

Yes, I love this! I love when they find ways to screw over the hackers/cheaters. I remember they did that recently with Fall Guys, supposedly players were forced into their own lobbies and were forced to play against each other, but I think they did something else to screw with them even more. 

I say lifetime ban. You cheat, you're fucked. It destroys the spirit of honest competition. And who knows how long they have been cheating to win, regardless of what they say when caught? These kind of people can't be trusted in a tournament, unless that tournament is to see who can play the longest without a blatant cheat being caught.

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I say lifetime ban. You cheat, you're fucked. It destroys the spirit of honest competition. And who knows how long they have been cheating to win, regardless of what they say when caught? These kind of people can't be trusted in a tournament, unless that tournament is to see who can play the longest without a blatant cheat being caught.

I agree to some extent. I think for it to be a lifetime ban, it has to be from excessive hacking and abuse. I think if it's a one time thing, and they never did it again, I think that's fine, but if it's continued and after a warning or two it doesn't stop, ban them. I think temp bans have worked before, especially if they're week/month bans. I loved what Xbl did when people who broke the rules. They would ban them for a given time frame, so sometimes a week, a month, depends on the thing they did. But, I got a laugh out of the ones where they console ban someone until 2999 or 2099 or something like that. 

There's a big difference between a mistake and cheating. It's a big part of why so many marriages end. If the one you're married to is a whore, then you can do a lot better and need to kick the worthless piece of shit out. Unless you're like me, and would punish them by killing their family and friends.

Or worse....

Edited by The Blackangel

I think the punishment can only be as good as the system itself. We've seen countless stories of devs banning the wrong people, and sometimes lifting the ban due to social media pressure. That's not the kind of system I want judging me for joining a match containing cheaters, especially when I don't have the pull to see a ban lifted. I realise these occurances are rare but they shouldn't occur at all.

The question then is, what is a suitable punishment? Personally I like the humiliation route - turning the player into a shrub, giving bonus progression to the opposition, just blowing the player up randomly.

On 12/29/2020 at 1:02 AM, Patrik said:

A single chance won't hurt anyone, we all do mistakes and someone shouldn't be punished for a mistake for his entire life, but second chances shouldn't exist, 

Cheating in a competition is not a mistake It's a deliberate act. WHoever is capable of it should not be let near a competition ever again. I don't believe in people changing.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, Shagger said:

I echo the views of Shagger here. I think a lifetime ban is probably a little harsh - especially if compared to penalties for cheating in 'IRL' Games - but allowing them to only play with each other is probably a good call. What goes around comes around they say!

On 12/30/2020 at 11:31 PM, m76 said:

Cheating in a competition is not a mistake It's a deliberate act. WHoever is capable of it should not be let near a competition ever again. I don't believe in people changing.

i meant cheating in a normal game, not competition mate :P, of course cheating during competition should make that player so far from participating in that certain game

50 minutes ago, Patrik said:

i meant cheating in a normal game, not competition mate :P, of course cheating during competition should make that player so far from participating in that certain game

What do you mean normal game? Cheating in a coop game? All pvp games are inherently competitive, just because there is no prize money it's still a competition. And getting caught red handed in it, no matter the event should be a ban. And not even from that single game they were caught cheating in, but all games, ever released, and to be released. Harsh? Yes. But F. cheaters.

Banned from ever touching a gaming platform ever again. They should have posters of you everywhere so everyone knows the atrocious crimes you committed against humani....wait, I'm taking this too far, aren't I? Jokes aside, I do honestly believe that cheaters should be banned for life because most players work hard to perfect their craft and you just want a free pass? Not on my watch!