Register Now
Kane99

They should reboot Dead Space

Dead Space was a classic horror game, and the second to my knowledge was also regarded as a classic, but when the 3rd game came out, it turned out to be a letdown for most fans. I played the first game for a bit, and really like the atmosphere and the gameplay. I want to revisit that, but I think it could do for a reboot completely. 

I'd rather someone else develop it than EA. They added microtransactions to the third ones and that's why us Dead Space fans hated it. With their aggressive microtransaction policy, they'd completely ruin that reboot if it were ever made. Either that or they'd decide to be lazy and reuse assets from Dead Space 3 (trust me. EA is not beyond these scummy practices), change a few things around and call it a brand new game with a $60 price tag.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think some horror making game studio should take it and maybe make it to the next level. Reason being traditional AAA studios will turn that game into lootbox milking machine. We want a good experience and not cashing cow for them.

The third one had microtransactions in it and I agree that I'd like someone else to produce the reboot. Capcom is actually a good shout because of their work on the Resident Evil franchise(including the remakes). They'd do a much better job with it - I'm sure of that.

On 11/8/2020 at 5:35 AM, skyfire said:

Hopefully but my concern thesse days is that most of the modern games are coming up with microransaction and other pass sysstem enabled in them which is sad.

Don't forget the glitches as well and the extremely repetitive game they'd try to call "innovative"...

It's a classic series that still has a large passionate fanbase, survival horror is back in vogue right now, it would sell well and the potential to do something great with the series is immense. Why wouldn't you want to give the series a sequel or reboot? Oh yes I forgot - EA that's why.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, Empire said:

It's a classic series that still has a large passionate fanbase, survival horror is back in vogue right now, it would sell well and the potential to do something great with the series is immense. Why wouldn't you want to give the series a sequel or reboot? Oh yes I forgot - EA that's why.

Lol. My sentiments exactly. I'd gladly welcome it back but with EA producing it? I mean, they did kill the franchise with micro-transactions before. Do we really want to go down this road again?

I am doing my own reboot and playing Dead Space 2. It is just ok till ch. 5 then it all kicks in hard. In DS 1 I got to ch. 8 and electric storm blew my system. So I will finish 2, go back to 1, then 3. This is a series that is one of the best. Sucks internal failure stopped such brilliance in its continuity. All these remasters are laughable compared to what a Dead Space remaster would be. 

On 12/15/2020 at 9:28 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I am doing my own reboot and playing Dead Space 2. It is just ok till ch. 5 then it all kicks in hard. In DS 1 I got to ch. 8 and electric storm blew my system. So I will finish 2, go back to 1, then 3. This is a series that is one of the best. Sucks internal failure stopped such brilliance in its continuity. All these remasters are laughable compared to what a Dead Space remaster would be. 

As I said earlier, this is EA in 2020; If you have any hope of them making a proper remastered game and not screwing it up with unskippable ads in-game or microtransactions, prepare to be extremely disappointed. I'd much rather have someone else develop it like a Capcom because they always release quality remastered games.