Register Now
kaneo3rd

Gaming Time

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

If you get a job and also get busy with real life, the timing tends to get less. Like say weekend times will increase but everyday gaming would eventuallly reduce as well. 

The key thing is how you'd manage your time. As i said in my previous response, all you'd need to do is schedule a time-frame for gaming and stay within it. You shouldn't have any issues.

I get what you mean sometimes people find it hard to time manage though, I'm actually doing a bit of research on it now for my uni project, if you guys have a spare 30 seconds would you mind filling this questionnaire out? Its on Microsoft Forms.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=xcLLiu3Ix0KBabpDig2-L7T7vxmdIeZPs2tU9A-ihZVUQVQ4SU5NVUFTUVRNM1dTUlkyTUlCVENJUy4u

After a certain checkpoint before going into something big or finishing something big I like to stop and just enjoy the experience. Same with reading a couple chapters in a book. Same with watching a show (I usually record many episodes before watching one). Or moving into a new territory in a map. If I don't stop and think about my experience, then later I easily forget what I just went through. How did I get to this point? Oh yeah...Everything becomes a jumble. To immerse is good, but to stomp through the pits, soar on a dragon in the sky, fall into an alien planet, die into heaven, kill the beast, and save the princess all in one sitting is mentally challenging. Maybe I have short term memory loss. 

During the day, no excuse to stop and do something outside. At night, don't just think about running through a game to finish it. Enjoy it, and stop at a good checkpoint. Think about it. Or maybe you don't have a challenging game where you have to make choices. 

On 11/6/2020 at 8:27 AM, killamch89 said:

The key thing is how you'd manage your time. As i said in my previous response, all you'd need to do is schedule a time-frame for gaming and stay within it. You shouldn't have any issues.

In real life thing can be complicated. Gaming time consistent every day of the week is a bit harder to keep up. 

I think that I am able to manage time, and so far around 3 to 4 hours is what I stick at doing. I stream and I start around 7 pm on most nights till dead on at 10 pm. If I'm not out in the day I have my hands full anyway by doing freelancing and or watching other streamers when they go live since I'm being a mod for them. Hard to stream and mod others at the same time. 

99% of the time I only game when I'm streaming, lol. I do not game that often when I'm not streaming.  

I find that life tends to get in the way these days. I work most of the day, or watch youtube. I've been playing Genshin Impact the past couple nights though. I usually game during the night. 

But yeah, haven't felt interested in playing games too much. When I do game lately, it's maybe a couple hours. I got Control a couple weeks ago and haven't even installed it on my xbox yet. But I think that will be my next game. 

On 11/10/2020 at 11:12 AM, Kane99 said:

I find that life tends to get in the way these days. I work most of the day, or watch youtube. I've been playing Genshin Impact the past couple nights though. I usually game during the night. 

But yeah, haven't felt interested in playing games too much. When I do game lately, it's maybe a couple hours. I got Control a couple weeks ago and haven't even installed it on my xbox yet. But I think that will be my next game. 

Funny enough, I also got Control about a week back and I still have yet to touch it either. As a matter of fact, there are some games in my Steam Library that I had on the "will check out list" since 2014 and still haven't played them XD.