Register Now
Kane99

Alternatives to Call of Duty

What are some good alternatives to Call of Duty? I'd say Medal Of Honor, but I can't go back to FPS games back on the PS1. I can't even play Perfect Dark or Goldeneye without having some eye strain lol. 

Anyway, what are some alternatives to the Call of Duty franchise? I am not too fond of the Battlefield series, so I'd like to skip that. Any other suggestions would be fine though. 🙂 I'm mainly looking for games from past gen to current. So 360/PS3 to today. Maybe PS2/Xbox as well, as I used to love a lot of shooters on those consoles back in the day. 

On 10/31/2020 at 3:23 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Do you remember Black on PS2? Might be outdated now, but I thought that was pretty good.

Oh yeah, I played Black. I had a copy for the PS2 and I remember getting it with my birthday or Christmas money one year. Sadly I don't have that game anymore. I would love to pick up another copy of it soon. Haven't played it since it originally came out. Damn it's been a long time. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Project IGI but it was not much changed over the years. In past black hawk down was also good. And so does DOOM recent updates, though a lot of demon hunting in DOOM, so I dont want to put it in same category as the COD. 

I'll check out Project IGI. I didn't know there was a Black Hawk down game. Might have to check that one out too. And I'm always down for some DOOM. 😄

If you are talking in terms of short, liner, single player campaigns then Titanfall 2.  It's got probably one of the most exciting yet surprisingly emotional FPS single players of the last decade.

I know it's EA and the multiplayer is long dead but at a discount price, the campaign is well worth it.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, Crazycrab said:

If you are talking in terms of short, liner, single player campaigns then Titanfall 2.  It's got probably one of the most exciting yet surprisingly emotional FPS single players of the last decade.

I know it's EA and the multiplayer is long dead but at a discount price, the campaign is well worth it.

Yeah, I played Titanfall 1 and 2. Really enjoyed them. But I haven't found interest in the series in years. I do wonder if they will ever make a 3rd game. I'd buy it. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There was the Medal Of Honor series back in the day and also the Battlefield series although Battlefield V is absolute garbage.

I remember Medal of Honor. It was huge on the PS1 and somewhat on the PS2, but the series sadly tanked as it continued on. Especially when EA tried to revive the franchise. It didn't work so well. But, I'm always open to playing old games again. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I remember Medal of Honor. It was huge on the PS1 and somewhat on the PS2, but the series sadly tanked as it continued on. Especially when EA tried to revive the franchise. It didn't work so well. But, I'm always open to playing old games again. 

It was a solid series but it and Battlefield kind of overlapped at that point in time. I still play Medal Of Honor from time to time as well and the story is very solid.

On 11/2/2020 at 3:42 AM, Kane99 said:

I'll check out Project IGI. I didn't know there was a Black Hawk down game. Might have to check that one out too. And I'm always down for some DOOM.

Those are very old games, as old as me in high school.. Black hawk down was kind of like far cry of that time and project IGI was PUBG with mission in that time.. except multiplayer part. 

36 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Those are very old games, as old as me in high school.. Black hawk down was kind of like far cry of that time and project IGI was PUBG with mission in that time.. except multiplayer part. 

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. I figured the Black Hawk game was back in the PS2 days? I looked up IGI and I feel like I've heard of it before. Can't say I've ever played it though, but it's starting to jog my memory. Plus it looks to have been made by Eidos interactive, so I was familiar with them back then. 

8 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

Sorry then...

No problem mate. It happens to the best of us. Then again, there are so many horrible ripoffs, the few good alternatives are really scarce. If you're trying to search for better alternatives, the list is even smaller...

The closest thing to the current game is BF4/5/1. Not to say they are that close, but it's the closest I can think of. Especially things like cqc. But that's a bit dated. Lots of the same customization, variation in weapons, and different ways to play. The player base has had more than a few years to dwindle so don't expect it to be very flexible on game modes.

When I play it's mostly though a discord and I look for HC modes on things like gunmaster or small tdm. It's the closest it honestly gets imo