Register Now
Kane99

Alternatives to Call of Duty

On 11/5/2020 at 11:56 PM, Kane99 said:

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. I figured the Black Hawk game was back in the PS2 days? I looked up IGI and I feel like I've heard of it before. Can't say I've ever played it though, but it's starting to jog my memory. Plus it looks to have been made by Eidos interactive, so I was familiar with them back then. 

IGI was the game during the times of the half life and it was one of th good game. 

On 11/16/2020 at 8:50 AM, skyfire said:

IGI was the game during the times of the half life and it was one of th good game. 

I do vaguely remember IGI and it was a half decent game. Too bad it came out around the time of games like Black Hawk among other titles which completely overshadowed it...

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah for it's time IGI was not a bad game. it was famous among the people who loved PUBG. Black hawk too was good. It's pity the mission based games like that are a bit hard to find. 

Gaming trends have changed a lot over the last 2 decades of gaming and it continues to do so. There's no telling what'll happen next. Maybe games with a similar style like Black Hawk may become popular again.

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

It's just one game, not a series, but I highly recommend Spec Ops: The Line, which was a direct critique on COD.

I'll definitely check this one out. Call Of Duty does have its issues especially nowadays with the ridiculous file size and microtransactions.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

I'll definitely check this one out. Call Of Duty does have its issues especially nowadays with the ridiculous file size and microtransactions.

Spec Ops critiqued the overall casual attitude of COD toward war, and one of its pivotal events is a reference to a specific mission from a COD game, but with realistic psychological implications that were absent in the COD game.

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

Spec Ops critiqued the overall casual attitude of COD toward war, and one of its pivotal events is a reference to a specific mission from a COD game, but with realistic psychological implications that were absent in the COD game.

That's not a bad thing at all. That's actually a fair criticism of COD titles.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

That's not a bad thing at all. That's actually a fair criticism of COD titles.

There is a lot of cool stuff about it. Without any spoilers, I will say that I felt like it had something cool to say about the nature of choice and what needs to be there for our choices to really be ours.

22 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

There is a lot of cool stuff about it. Without any spoilers, I will say that I felt like it had something cool to say about the nature of choice and what needs to be there for our choices to really be ours.

That definitely sounds awesome!

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

If you need alternative to the CODs battle royale system. You can also try out Garena Firewire. 

Honestly, I don't fancy Battle-Royale games much especially nowadays where every developer is making Battle-Royale games for the heck of it.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Honestly, I don't fancy Battle-Royale games much especially nowadays where every developer is making Battle-Royale games for the heck of it.

There is a money and also stability in that. But the thing is that when it comes to graphics and the quality output, not even PUBG can beat the activision games. 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

There is a money and also stability in that. But the thing is that when it comes to graphics and the quality output, not even PUBG can beat the activision games. 

As of late, there have been far less battle royale games popping up so it means that the trend is dying out and only the well established names will be around for a while longer.