Register Now
Kane99

Have you ever modded an original Xbox?

Has anyone here ever modded an original Xbox? I hear it's a great console to play modded games and even emulators. I hear there is an HDMI adapter to get 720p as well, so it's not a bad option for emulation and other means. 

If you have modded one, how was the process? Any suggestions on how to get started? I just got a used original xbox and don't plan to use it otherwise, so may as well modify it to be something I can use from time to time. 🙂 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I haven't even remotely attempted doing this because it takes a lot of know-how and with the risk of having to buy another console for hundreds of dollars...not a chance! Modding games on the other hand, I've modded my fair share...

I hear it's kind of easy. Just need to take the console apart and do some work. I would need to watch a guide myself, but I'm sure there are many in depth guides on how to do it. 

Original xbox consoles shouldn't cost a lot. Thrift store probably sell em pretty cheap these days. But I understand not wanting to in case it doesn't work. As I wouldn't want to buy another, even if it's fairly cheap. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I hear it's kind of easy. Just need to take the console apart and do some work. I would need to watch a guide myself, but I'm sure there are many in depth guides on how to do it. 

Original xbox consoles shouldn't cost a lot. Thrift store probably sell em pretty cheap these days. But I understand not wanting to in case it doesn't work. As I wouldn't want to buy another, even if it's fairly cheap. 

Oh! You meant the original Xbox consoles! I was talking like the Xbox ones or Xbox series X/S...In that case, it should be relatively easy because I've come across several tutorials on YouTube.