Register Now
Zak

Is there really any point in a Series X over a Series S?

The only real advantage of the Series X over the Series S is the disc capability. The Series S is strictly digital. In my opinion there is no reason to get a Series S, as you're just blocking yourself from an advantage. The system doesn't require you to us a disc for any of your games, as it has all the digital capabilities that the Series S has.

Buying a purely digital console is one thing I have never understood. Get the disc capable version of the console in question. You're not required to use the disc drive, but you at least have the option. As the saying goes: "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

On 1/16/2023 at 2:33 PM, The Blackangel said:

The only real advantage of the Series X over the Series S is the disc capability. The Series S is strictly digital. In my opinion there is no reason to get a Series S, as you're just blocking yourself from an advantage. The system doesn't require you to us a disc for any of your games, as it has all the digital capabilities that the Series S has.

Buying a purely digital console is one thing I have never understood. Get the disc capable version of the console in question. You're not required to use the disc drive, but you at least have the option. As the saying goes: "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

I think the main selling point for the S is due to it's price. I believe it's going for around $300 right now, and to my knowledge all games on the series x work on the series s, just at a lower framerate/resolution. 

And with how digital is becoming more prevelant these days, it kinda makes sense to buy it if you're on a budget and still want to experience what Xbox has to offer. 

Yes, UHD 4K gaming Vs 1440P,  More storage (1TB vs 512GB) and disc based games vs digital only. The Series X is better in nearly every aspect and if you have lots of physical xbox one games then it's the only real option to upgrade to. 

I'm going to be honest, as far as concerned the Series S isn't really a "Next Gen" console at all.  The GPU on the Series X is not only 3 times as powerful as the one on the series S, but the GPU on the Series S is actually even less capable that the on the old XBox One X!  True the Series S has the same CPU and high speed storage, but it still should at least be match for the pervious generations mid-gen refresh and definitely shouldn't be worse!  If want my advice, your better off spending $500 on a Series X, then wasting $300 on a Series S.