Register Now
Zak

Favourite city builder?

SimCity 2000 or 3000. I remember playing 2000 in my schools computer lab during class. I then got 3000 as a birthday gift. What I found funny, was that my dad found what looked like a used copy, as it was just the jewel case with no cover art. Always thought that was weird. Anyway, I played the hell out of that game. I especially remember using cheats to destroy my worlds. Was always a fun game to play. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

SimCity 2000 or 3000. I remember playing 2000 in my schools computer lab during class. I then got 3000 as a birthday gift. What I found funny, was that my dad found what looked like a used copy, as it was just the jewel case with no cover art. Always thought that was weird. Anyway, I played the hell out of that game. I especially remember using cheats to destroy my worlds. Was always a fun game to play. 

SImcity and Age Of The Empire series are my favorite city builders. I'd add fallout 4's settlement building especially with mods but that's another topic for another day.

Minecraft in a way yes, but I think when it comes to the city builder genre, it doesn't really fit. When I see city builders, I see stuff like SimCity, where you have to build literal cities. Sure you could do this in Minecraft, but it's not necessarily a city builder in the same regard. I hope I'm not confusing anyone.  

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Minecraft in a way yes, but I think when it comes to the city builder genre, it doesn't really fit. When I see city builders, I see stuff like SimCity, where you have to build literal cities. Sure you could do this in Minecraft, but it's not necessarily a city builder in the same regard. I hope I'm not confusing anyone.  

Np , I understand you but Fallout 4 has a city building mod called Sim Settlements 2 where you can build and maintain settlements. Put NPCs in charge among a lot of other things as well. Each settlement even has their own economy.

On 11/7/2020 at 8:19 PM, Kane99 said:

I think thosse zoo tycoon, roller coaster typcoon type of games can be pretty much in same category.