Register Now
22_22

Is Netflix even worth the cost anymore?

It's about £10 a month, and I wonder if it's a waste of money for me. But I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

It can be divided by four individuals, but hopefully, it will be nice to distribute the money between those you share it with. I believe this rarely does, however, because the loser who bought it means that many people will watch for free. I 'm curious how many people pay for their Netflix because they can have their mates. Another factor I would like to raise is that there are free streaming platforms, and that might include a lot of the shows, depending on what you watch. A lot of the old shows that I want to watch are on YouTube, for example.

Do you pay for Netflix or not? Is it worth it for you?

Think about it this way, the 4 screen package that your talking about is £120 a year, the cost of which can be spread between 2 or 3 housholds and you get the likes of Stranger Things, Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, Star Trek Discovery, DC Titans and more.  If you dont pay the service gets cut off and thats the end of the matter.

The BBC charge you £157.50 for your TV Licence, it's one per household and they offer pretty much nothing but dated reality shows and soap operas.  If you dont pay your harassed untill you declare you don't want one or face a £1000 fine.

Edited by Crazycrab

I'm on the fence about Netflix. It's rare that I can find what I'm looking for there. They don't even offer any of the shows that I watch. Granted they have their own originals, a lot of which are actually good. But when I'm trying to find something, it's never on Netflix. For example I love Family Guy and American Dad. The only place I can find them is Hulu. I like that because I can watch seasons that haven't hit DVD yet. I have almost every season of both shows on disc, but not the newest ones. Also Law & Order: SVU is another favorite. But it's not on Netflix or Amazon Prime. The only actual thing I watch Netflix for anymore is their stand up selection.

It might become an on and off thing for me now. It still has a ton of movies and shows you aren’t aware of because of the UI and preference system. Create a new user and you’ll find all kinds of stuff. My problem is I’ve seen thousands of movies and shows, i'm constantly rewatching the office, parks and rec, and the occasional Netflix original. Depends on your tastes. In my opinion, they’ve lost a lot of good library content and 98% of their originals don’t seem to hold any appeal for me. 

Things to keep watching and they are good series are Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Bojack Horseman, GLOW, Russian Doll, Arrested Development, Dark, After Life, I mean the list really goes on and on.

But I hear that Roku is good?

This platform is a great deal, they worth it my brother. With their subscription, you have access to a lot of videos monthly before you can make another subscription. And they also offer great and quality graphics movies 

When they have a monopoly on something, it's easy to up prices for competition. Many people have used Netflix for years & many stay loyal & Netflix knows that. I think it's ridiculous the prices out there. Now Netflix made it so you can't rearrange you Instant Queue. They got rid of the ratings to be just a Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down. Some shows I chose '3', the middle.

13 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

When they have a monopoly on something, it's easy to up prices for competition. Many people have used Netflix for years & many stay loyal & Netflix knows that. I think it's ridiculous the prices out there. Now Netflix made it so you can't rearrange you Instant Queue. They got rid of the ratings to be just a Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down. Some shows I chose '3', the middle.

I noticed these changes as well and I don't like it either...

The price is great for me. We use Netflix a lot in my household and I have to say, I've never really had any issues finding a TV show or movie to watch on the platform. I love that I can watch some of my favourite shows on there and the Netflix exclusives are amazing too. 

10 hours ago, Darth said:

The price is great for me. We use Netflix a lot in my household and I have to say, I've never really had any issues finding a TV show or movie to watch on the platform. I love that I can watch some of my favourite shows on there and the Netflix exclusives are amazing too. 

The Netflix exclusives are definitely worth it to me.