Register Now
22_22

Winter bathing

This is very common in Sweden, where I used to live. It is a method of spending a short period in cold water such as the sea, alternating between the time spent in a warm environment such as a sauna. Perhaps your country is similar or does it have an alternative?

image.png.b9913d7dc65f3b4b4953fa03066bf362.png

Even if you are scared of cold water, I recommend you try this but safely of course!

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

They do a "polar plunge" as they call it here every year. And every year at least one asshole stays in too long and ends up with severe hypothermia and has to go to the hospital. Apparently, Americans still haven't figured out what "common sense" means.

There's no way I'd even attempt these kinds of silly sports. @22_22. I know of a similar Spa technique where they do alternate between hot and cold water and it's very good for sore muscles and injuries.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:20 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think that's supposed to stimulate energy and homeostasis properties on the cellular level. It's like slapping a mushroom log or soak in water to stimulate growth of edible mushrooms. Damn those old folks look tasty. Got some crispy kale after a frost!!!

That's one of its functions but it's also used to help increase circulation around injured joints/ligaments and helping it to heal faster.