Register Now
Kane99

Capcom hacked. Resident Evil game developer discloses cyber attack

More bad news to share, as it looks like Capcom was recently hacked. Capcom is saying that some portions of their services have been compromised, but are reporting that user data doesn't look to have been breached. Of course, who know if they're telling the truth. Are you worried your data may have been accessed? 

Read more about this story here - The State of Security

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Around the world many business are burning their offices in order to earn money from the insurance. So this could be one such issue. 

I don't know if that's the case, but I suppose it's always a possibility. I mean, I could see Capcom lying, just like any other game studio of that size. But I don't see Capcom really needing to do something like that to collect some insurance, so idk how that would even work. 

On 11/7/2020 at 8:07 PM, Kane99 said:

I don't know if that's the case, but I suppose it's always a possibility. I mean, I could see Capcom lying, just like any other game studio of that size. But I don't see Capcom really needing to do something like that to collect some insurance, so idk how that would even work. 

Insurance often covers cyber hacks and the financial losses etc. but the thing about capcom doing this or not is yet to prove though, most brick and mortar file bakruptacy this way. 

If we aren't getting spoiler heavy trailers up the butt, we have another problem where hackers are revealing important plot aspects, months before games are due to launch. Which is worse? 

Will there ever be an end to this madness? We just want great games to play. No frills. 😪

Since the Game Awards is set to happen tomorrow, and Capcom said there's supposed to be an update about Resident Evil Village this winter, I hope the release date gets formally revealed soon. That hack indicated that it's April. Well, that makes sense, giving the fact that the awful RE3 remake was out in April this year. 

Anyway, there's also a slim chance that the Silent Hill reboot will be getting revealed as well, since there's been rumours about it up the ass all year round. Then recently, they started talking about how Hideo Kojima is apparently working on Silent Hills again, even though he fell out with Konami years ago.

Isn't that just absurd, or what?  

I don't think Konami could really remaster the first game, giving how old it is. But I don't really care about remakes either.

They reimagined the first game's story before, with this game called Shattered Memories. It did not feel like a proper entry, by any means. You had to run away from the monsters, yet they easily caught you. 

If a reboot were to occur, nobody would particularly notice, and it would feel like a sequel. Nearly every game in the series had its own story anyway. So I think that's better. Remakes to me are not necessary.