Register Now
Kane99

PS5 won't support 1440p resolution

IGN Italy is reporting that the PS5 will not be supporting native 1440p resolution, as they feel it's not needed. But of course, 1440p is mainly what the PC gamers want. Does this worry you for the PS5? Are you ok with them not meeting the 1440p resolution?

Do you think 1440p could be included at a later date somehow? 

1080P is old, most people know that nowadays. Most people game on there 43inch or more TV. 1440p or almost 2k resolution isn't just for PC users. I say if high demanding then they should support it. If Xbox does 4k then why not. 

1080P is what most people have anyway and so maybe that's why they are just focusing on that for now. 

Edited by Empire

Really thinking of getting the new ps5, I dont really care much even though Im a PC gamer and I can careless how the graphics or realistic a game is... If its a fun game, and Their is not glitches im playing it... Goes to show look how bad D2 is and I still play D2.

1 hour ago, Dotgician said:

Really thinking of getting the new ps5, I dont really care much even though Im a PC gamer and I can careless how the graphics or realistic a game is... If its a fun game, and Their is not glitches im playing it... Goes to show look how bad D2 is and I still play D2.

I'm going to get myself a PS5 as well but I want to build my new gaming PC first and then I'll deal with that issue.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:29 PM, Kane99 said:

IGN Italy is reporting that the PS5 will not be supporting native 1440p resolution, as they feel it's not needed. But of course, 1440p is mainly what the PC gamers want. Does this worry you for the PS5? Are you ok with them not meeting the 1440p resolution?

Do you think 1440p could be included at a later date somehow? 

I believe that Sony is trying its best not to copy PC gaming platform but to make something that's unique to their brand. We may never see the 1440p on PS consoles.