Register Now
Kane99

Liking the new Xbox controller?

The new Xbox controller I believe is now out, or is being shipped to people who pre-ordered. Anyway, the new controller will work with the Xbox One consoles as well as the new consoles. The difference from what I can see, is that they changed the dpad to match more what the elite controller has, and also has a more textured feel, as well as a share button now. 

I like the Xbox One controller, and the new one is pretty much the same thing. Plus, you can use old Xbox One controllers on the new consoles. I like that they give you the option. I wish more consoles were backwards compatible with old controllers. 

Anyway, did anyone here get the new controller? How are you liking it so far? I was going to preorder one, but decided not to, as I need to save my cash at the moment. 

On 11/20/2020 at 4:48 AM, killamch89 said:

Outside of a couple tweaks here and there, the Xbox Series controllers aren't that different from the Xbox one controllers at all so if you have an Xbox one S controller, you don't really need to upgrade.

I total agree with you, Xbox needs to step up their game, they need to think differently and get in competition with play station.

It's not half that bad. The design is sleeker and more attractive in my opinion. A good design. I wouldn't say flawless but they got their work cut out for them I will at least say that. They did a good job on the controller.

On 6/29/2021 at 3:10 AM, chevvy said:

Decided to ask here: am I the only one who's controller keeps disconnecting randomly? Thought it was Windows's fault, but happens with console too. 

I haven't had that issue with my Xbox One controller, do you have another one that you could use to see if the same thing happens?

My previous experience with a Xbox controller was the 360 one so this is a nice upgrade and feels a lot better than that. But after using the PS5 one, this just feels cheap and boring really. It's a decent controller but what Sony did with the trigger effects and haptics is just out of this world.

My sons have all had the new Xbox controller and my eldest got it a few months after it was released and even though I had seen one I hadn't actually used one since they were released. That was until a few weeks ago when I needed a new controller myself as the 3rd party one, I had ended up with terrible stick drift. I upgraded to the new Xbox official controller, and I must admit, it really is comfortable, but I had to get used to the new capture button on the controller. I will on the odd occasion accidentally hit that button when I go to hit another button and end up screenshotting something random but other than that I am quite happy with it and have no fault with it.