Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever reach out to the devs when a problem comes up?

When a problem comes up in a game, do you tend to contact the developers about it? Maybe you file a bug report, or an issue with the game. Have you ever reached out to the main developer? I ask, because I know some developers are more open with their fans, and will even take tips and suggestions. I contacted the devs for Layers of Fear, and they were pretty responsive. I haven't contacted any other developers outright though. 

Did you ever get in a heated argument with a developer for sharing your thoughts?  

Edited by Kane99

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I've never really did that because most of the time, they won't really respond or give a pretty poor response. I tend to look for gaming communities or search YouTube for a solution to my issues.

Yeah, for the most part they're pretty unresponsive. But sometimes you will get the dev who interacts with his/her fans and followers. And I love seeing that openness in the community.  

On 11/8/2020 at 4:08 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, for the most part they're pretty unresponsive. But sometimes you will get the dev who interacts with his/her fans and followers. And I love seeing that openness in the community.  

I wish EA would do something like this so I could give them a piece of my mind XD.

Couple of times that I have and to be honest it's a waste of time since it never gets dealt or fixed. If the game is no longer supported then do not bother sending, but at one time the Dev did listen to me and able to fix with a simple patch. 

I think that if it's a single or small devs then you might be lucky to get more of a response. 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Couple of times that I have and to be honest it's a waste of time since it never gets dealt or fixed. If the game is no longer supported then do not bother sending, but at one time the Dev did listen to me and able to fix with a simple patch. 

I think that if it's a single or small devs then you might be lucky to get more of a response. 

That's my point exactly. When trying to contact huge game developers, you'll have to communicate with many other entities before you get to said developer. You'll be lucky if you receive a response.

On 11/8/2020 at 1:38 AM, killamch89 said:

I've never really did that because most of the time, they won't really respond or give a pretty poor response. I tend to look for gaming communities or search YouTube for a solution to my issues.

Seriously - I have a very tough life issues to face and take care of and not get into squabbles with game developers who wouldn't really care about what you say to them.