Register Now
killamch89

Recommendations For Survival Horror/Thriller Games

As a fan of the survival horror genre in video game/movies, I’ve played some really scary games such as Resident Evil 7 (Only game I am too afraid to finish) and Alien: Isolation (sometimes I was afraid of moving my character because the Aliens could hear my footsteps). Can you provide me with some survival horror recommendations?

Dying Light is a really good game. It's open world apocalypse-zombie. I don't think much is going to compare to RE7. Your standards are already set high. Definitely give Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition a try. There is always The Last of Us if you haven't played it yet. Don't miss out on that one. Part 2 also was just released. 

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Dying Light is a really good game. It's open world apocalypse-zombie. I don't think much is going to compare to RE7. Your standards are already set high. Definitely give Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition a try. There is always The Last of Us if you haven't played it yet. Don't miss out on that one. Part 2 also was just released. 

I've played and finished Dying Light (1 and 2) and the Last of Us already. I'll definitely give part two a look once I get myself a PS5 though.

3 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Sure you are thinking of Dying Light? Because the second one hasn't come out yet that I know of. 

I did definitely finish Dying Light 1. I remember Dying Light: the first-person parkour game in a city filled with zombies. I'm not sure why I thought I'd beat the second game...

Well, with the popularity of Phasmophobia, I would go with that currently. Of course any of the Resident Evil games, Silent Hill series (SH 2 and 3 mostly). I just started playing a game called In Silence which is a co-op survival game where 5 players face off against one person who plays a monster. Think Friday the 13th. The monster on the other hand can only hear you, and you in turn have to be as quiet as possible. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You can't go wrong with Layers Of Fear: Legacy. It's a Rose Red style game, and is truly awesome.

I'll go and check it out right now.

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well, with the popularity of Phasmophobia, I would go with that currently. Of course any of the Resident Evil games, Silent Hill series (SH 2 and 3 mostly). I just started playing a game called In Silence which is a co-op survival game where 5 players face off against one person who plays a monster. Think Friday the 13th. The monster on the other hand can only hear you, and you in turn have to be as quiet as possible. 

I've seen some gameplay of Phasmophobia and was considering. I've played most of if not all of the Resident Evil and Silent hill games. As for Friday the 13th, it's not really that scary to be honest.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You can't go wrong with Layers Of Fear: Legacy. It's a Rose Red style game, and is truly awesome.

Layers of Fear is expensive, but I really want that game. I don't even see one available for ps4.

Observer also looks really good but expensive. I've never played, but you might want to look into the Outlast Trilogy. 

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Where are you looking? It was $20 on the Nintendo eShop when I bought it. That was its normal price. It wasn’t on sale or anything like that.

Hmm, I do see it on the Playstation store for cheap ($6.89). I've never bought digital before. How does that work? I guess it would always require internet to play? Is there any catch I'm missing? Do I need a subscription? Bow to the Gods? Give blood offering? 

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Hmm, I do see it on the Playstation store for cheap ($6.89). I've never bought digital before. How does that work? I guess it would always require internet to play? Is there any catch I'm missing? Do I need a subscription? Bow to the Gods? Give blood offering? 

5 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It doesn't require internet to play. I have it on my Switch, so I could help guide you on there, but I don't really do much buying on PlayStation. I have my Switch set up with my PayPal so it goes through instantly when I buy a game. I would imagine it's all the same process on all systems. Set up your account, link a payment option, and you're good to go.

I would highly recommend The Evil Within 1 and 2, one has more unique and creepy design but is not as much of an enjoyable gameplay experience, two is a lot more fun to play while also being pretty damn weird.

And while it doesn't directly fall into the survival-horror category, there's no way I can't mention Alan Wake, because if you haven't played that, it's a masterpiece and you should

And if you have any interest in a choose your own Horror Story Until Dawn on the PS4 is phenomenal