Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever get mad when you lose?

When it comes to competitive gaming in general, do you ever get mad when you lose at a game you're good at? I tend to get mad if I can't win at all, and it's just a continued repeat of losses over and over. I take losing bad sometimes, especially in sports games. I will be winning one second, and then out of nowhere I fumble in Madden for example and my opponent runs back for a TD. 

So, do you get mad if you lose a competitive game? or do you just take it and move on? I try to do the latter, but I need to work on that myself. 

99% of the time, Nope. I get mad at cheaters who are playing the game using wallhack or just general cheating. They are mostly first-person shooting games. But the games that I do are mostly simulators. I do get mad a little if something doesn't go right while in a flight or the sim/game crashes LOL

But I tend to do CSGO or old BF2 games that are very much competitive game. 

Edited by Empire

On 11/9/2020 at 6:55 AM, Empire said:

99% of the time, Nope. I get mad at cheaters who are playing the game using wallhack or just general cheating. They are mostly first-person shooting games. But the games that I do are mostly simulators. I do get mad a little if something doesn't go right while in a flight or the sim/game crashes LOL

But I tend to do CSGO or old BF2 games that are very much competitive game. 

Oh for sure, anyone who hacks/cheats in games are a pain in the ass. I don't understand why they do it. I know they do it for the laughs, but it's just pathetic really. I remember playing COD 4 on the 360 years back, and I caught a guy switching teams somehow mid game. And bear in mind, we were in a ranked match, and that's not supposed to be possible. He was literally hopping back and forth to each team. He did it to, I guess, keep his win streak going. I chewed the guy out, but there wasn't much I could do. It's always fun to report hackers and cheaters though. Because MS can easily look into it. I don't know how many times I've gotten that MS message saying "Thanks for your report, we took action on it, etc". I love that, because it means one less hacker/cheater out of the equation for a while. 

But yeah, hackers get on my nerves for sure. 

On 11/12/2020 at 4:50 PM, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure, anyone who hacks/cheats in games are a pain in the ass. I don't understand why they do it. I know they do it for the laughs, but it's just pathetic really. I remember playing COD 4 on the 360 years back, and I caught a guy switching teams somehow mid game. And bear in mind, we were in a ranked match, and that's not supposed to be possible. He was literally hopping back and forth to each team. He did it to, I guess, keep his win streak going. I chewed the guy out, but there wasn't much I could do. It's always fun to report hackers and cheaters though. Because MS can easily look into it. I don't know how many times I've gotten that MS message saying "Thanks for your report, we took action on it, etc". I love that, because it means one less hacker/cheater out of the equation for a while. 

But yeah, hackers get on my nerves for sure. 

I despise hackers as well because they ruin the experience for every one that wants to win fair and square. Proving your competence in a game fair and square is the only way to determine where you stand in comparison to your opponents. 

Getting mad when you lose game is not too cool. Before you go for any competition, try to know how to play the game very well. So even thou you are been defeated, they will know it is not a cheap winning from you.  

On 12/28/2020 at 7:03 PM, Patrik said:

Not really :p, being serious about games stop making them games, also that serious competition really kill the fun in games

I don't think so, it all depends on the game.. You're telling me that you've never got made after losing to a boss you cant beat in a RPG? If so then you have never played a game that you really really loved.

For me sometimes I can get that rage out.. makes me feel better, and allows me to reset myself and try again.

29 minutes ago, Dotgician said:

If so then you have never played a game that you really really loved.

This has really nothing to do with me loving the game or not, if i get mad in a game that i love, i will stop playing it, which is not my plan.

If I am gaming competitively and I lose or get outplayed some how I will get frustrated with myself and the game to some extent but I will always think to myself as well how I could have done better or what I could have done different to prevent what happened. I have found that throughout the years of taking this into account and using it and looking at my mistakes it has made me a better gamer not just competitively but also in general as well. 

It's natural to feel frustrated when you lose in a game, but it's important to keep in mind that the purpose of games is to have fun regardless of the outcome. Instead of dwelling on the loss, try to focus on enjoying the experience and learning from each game. This can enhance your overall gaming experience and make it more enjoyable.

I always get mad whenever I get my butt kicked in a competitive game. Honestly this is the main reason why I don't play against other people often, I'd rather play a game by myself or in co-op mode. I used to be really bad as a kid, I remember one time I dueled my cousin in Yu-Gi-Oh the Eternal Duelist Soul and he was about to defeat me so I disconnected the link cable. xD