Register Now
The Blackangel

Video Lyrics

I don't understand it either. It's hard to find the real lyrics sometimes as many have edited versions. Unfortunately, it's the platform, here, Youtube, that can make the rules even if it's not fair. But to me, if they edit lyrics, isn't that against copyright laws? Youtube has gotten out of hand with their 'editing'. It's no longer about YOU.

I don’t know if YouTube is the reason. There are so many other channels up that post the song unedited in a lyric video, and they’re not getting struck down. Then there’s also reaction YouTubers that use the song with unedited lyrics. Also, I’ve seen videos before they even ended up on YouTube and they were still edited.

On 11/6/2021 at 5:18 PM, The Blackangel said:

I don’t know if YouTube is the reason. There are so many other channels up that post the song unedited in a lyric video, and they’re not getting struck down. Then there’s also reaction YouTubers that use the song with unedited lyrics. Also, I’ve seen videos before they even ended up on YouTube and they were still edited.

Youtube is rather inconsistent when it comes to these kinds of things so they might taken down one channel for an infringement while another may be completely ignored. YouTube policies don't make sense and it'd be foolish for me to try and and explain it...

I think lyric videos are great for super small bands who want to make a video, but don't have the funds for an actual music video. Looks better than the lyric videos you see on Youtube with a black background and a paragraph of words showing up at a time, and you get a chance to see some artwork while reading/listening to a band you've probably never heard before.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Youtube is rather inconsistent when it comes to these kinds of things so they might taken down one channel for an infringement while another may be completely ignored. YouTube policies don't make sense and it'd be foolish for me to try and and explain it...

You have a point. YouTube is pretty psychotic with their rules. They seriously don’t make any fucking sense. I think that they only pay serious attention to the channels that are trying to get monetized. This gaming channel that we’re doing, would make 3 channels that I have. None of which are monetized. Yet. Assuming I get more serious about either of the other channels, I’ll never have enough videos or subscribers to get monetized. But that’s not something I give a shit about anyway. I just do it for fun.