Register Now
Kane99

What console has the best menu/dashboard?

When it comes to a menu for a popular console, which consoles menu do you prefer? I'm so used to Xbox's menu or shall I say, Dashboard, but I imagine the PS4 and 5 both have decent menus. I think the original Xbox 360 had the best menu. That original menu was my favorite. From the colors to the ease of use, it was perfect. But everything has to be so blah these days. 

What's your favorite console menu? Which one would you say has the best menu system? 

PS4 is good from the images that I have seen, Switch UI is nice but needs themes.

My favorites would probably be Dreamcast (I know, limited), PS2 and Wii. Don’t care what anyone says I loved the Wii channels interface when I did played on at my mates place. But everyone likes what they like, don't they. 

16 hours ago, Empire said:

PS4 is good from the images that I have seen, Switch UI is nice but needs themes.

My favorites would probably be Dreamcast (I know, limited), PS2 and Wii. Don’t care what anyone says I loved the Wii channels interface when I did played on at my mates place. But everyone likes what they like, don't they. 

I'll definitely say the PS2 gets my vote but we all know PC has the best one...Just kidding! Windows is absolutely horrible(speaking as a dedicated PC gamer).

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Windows is absolutely horrible(speaking as a dedicated PC gamer).

Get used to it, well I have anyway lol Been using windows since 2014 when I was the tester. Back then it was far worst then it is now. 

On 11/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, Empire said:

Get used to it, well I have anyway lol Been using windows since 2014 when I was the tester. Back then it was far worst then it is now. 

I agree and I am used to it as a PC gamer for almost a decade but the fact remains that it's still horrible.

On 11/25/2020 at 2:43 AM, killamch89 said:

I agree and I am used to it as a PC gamer for almost a decade but the fact remains that it's still horrible.

We must acknowledge that PC is not for gaming only. Obviously UI of PC will be of no match to PS or Xbox. I am also a PC gamer, and I know that it's UI is worse among all the gaming platform for obvious reasons. 

On 12/31/2020 at 2:57 AM, Syntax said:

I kinda like Xbox One's interface, but for directly knowing what you want - PS4/PS5 for sure since its totally focused on just gaming and getting back into the action.

Seriously, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 menu setup are incredibly excellent. 

Take a look!! 2055147117_images(67).jpeg.84e17f242869c23039739fdd2a455c45.jpeg669564909_images(66).jpeg.bcf6fd2d0f520aea75ab23a09ab02ecf.jpeg

6 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

We must acknowledge that PC is not for gaming only. Obviously UI of PC will be of no match to PS or Xbox. I am also a PC gamer, and I know that it's UI is worse among all the gaming platform for obvious reasons. 

You have a valid point there...

7 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Seriously, I don't really think there is anyone who thinks that when it comes to PC's usage. 

In fact, some people are more likely to think that PC isn't for gaming but got other things than thinking that PC is only for gaming. 

I like the PS4, it's clean, simple, you can access things very quickly and it's easy to customise.  I'm not a fan of the XBox One's, its more cumbersome.  It's panels and boxs filled mostly with Microsoft want to sell you rather that what you actually have installed.  It's not terrible but It just feels like you need to navigate more than you do with to find what you need.

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I like the PS4, it's clean, simple, you can access things very quickly and it's easy to customise.  I'm not a fan of the XBox One's, its more cumbersome.  It's panels and boxs filled mostly with Microsoft want to sell you rather that what you actually have installed.  It's not terrible but It just feels like you need to navigate more than you do with to find what you need.

Haha.. yeah.. Microsoft always does such things. Even I used windows phones for some time, they had such annoying ads in there too.

PS4 is best in this regard. It's nice tidy and simple to manouver. 😊

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Seriously - it's even why I'm still too attached to my Playstation 4 more than other Playstation consoles. If not that PS5 is extremely massive, I'm never leaving my PS4.