Register Now
Kane99

What studio do you think is capable of making a massive game next?

There are a lot of studios out there iching to make it big, some have made ambitious titles in the hopes if striking it big. What are some studios that you think are capable of making a massive game? And I mean studios that are known for being somewhat small, or indie in general. Games these days are getting easier to make, so an indie studio could potentially make the next best sandbox game for all we know. 

What small, indie, or somewhat decent sized studios, could you see making an open world game? I would like to see Crystal Dynamics make a more open world game. Tomb Raider is fine and all, but I wouldn't qualify it as open world, as it's more linear than open imo. But you get my point, they could easily do a massive world if they wanted to. What do you guys think? What studios would you like see make their own open world games?

CD Projecc Red is coming out with Cyberpunk 2077 which most of us are eagerly anticipating so I'd say that is likely to be the next big release(if they do release it this year and don't push it back any further). There's also Dying Light the second from Techland (same situation as Cyberpunk 2077 except it's been over two years now). Otherwise, I'd say it'll likely be some random Indie developer with a creative philosophy and enough talent to put together a good enough game graphically and smooth enough gameplay.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

CD Projecc Red is coming out with Cyberpunk 2077 which most of us are eagerly anticipating so I'd say that is likely to be the next big release(if they do release it this year and don't push it back any further). There's also Dying Light the second from Techland (same situation as Cyberpunk 2077 except it's been over two years now). Otherwise, I'd say it'll likely be some random Indie developer with a creative philosophy and enough talent to put together a good enough game graphically and smooth enough gameplay.

Well that's kind of a given with CD Projekt Red, their games are usually pretty big, and 2077 will be as well. 

14 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

Actually, Criterion is capable of making something cool. I'm glad that this studio is back.

Hmm, I didn't think of them, but I suppose it's possible they could make a massive game. I just have no clue what they would do. I'm all for studios doing new things. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well that's kind of a given with CD Projekt Red, their games are usually pretty big, and 2077 will be as well. 

Hmm, I didn't think of them, but I suppose it's possible they could make a massive game. I just have no clue what they would do. I'm all for studios doing new things. 

Criterion games already has NFS: Heat out. Unless they plan to release another NFS game within the next year, I'm not sure they'd come up with anything that significant.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's a small indie label, but I think nakano.io is capable of making a blockbuster game. They just need the funds to do so, as it's risky as hell for small label and can make or break them. The games I have played from them are amazing games. They may be small, but they're great.

It's great to see the innovation being pushed in the gaming industry by small indie developers. They're the ones that produce some of the greatest games nowadays.

Edited by killamch89