Register Now
Kane99

Will we see less and less games release on the Xbox One and PS4?

With the Xbox Series X and S out now, and the PS5 coming out tomorrow, it got me thinking. Currently most games are releasing for pretty much every console. But, I suspect the Xbox One (Xbox One X as well) and the PS4 will soon be obsolete and will not work with future games. Eventually they'll wind both consoles down just like they did with the 360 and PS3. Soon enough there won't be any new releases on either console. But, when do you think that will be? I'm hopeful that new games continue to come out for all consoles for the time being. I'd be okay with the downgraded versions. That's perfectly fine with me. 

Yes. Like previous platforms, we'll see a very downward trend and eventually they'll stop making titles for such consoles years down the line. Just like the Xbox 360, video games are no longer being produced for this platform. This forces gamers to upgrade their console to the later version resulting in profits to the big companies.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:15 AM, Alexander. said:

Yes. Like previous platforms, we'll see a very downward trend and eventually they'll stop making titles for such consoles years down the line. Just like the Xbox 360, video games are no longer being produced for this platform. This forces gamers to upgrade their console to the later version resulting in profits to the big companies.

And some of them will get extra greedy and won't make a popular title backwards compatible and re-release it for the PS5 just for profits(cough*Konami*cough)...