Register Now
Kane99

The PlayStation 5 does not have a web browser, but does anyone care?

Source - Know Techie

The PS5 does not have a web browser, do you care? I personally don't care, as I haven't used a web browser on a console in years. I tried using it on the Xbox One, but I just feel it's not right for browsing the web. As well, it never seems you can access every site you want to. At least when it comes to the Xbox One. 

I feel that everyone these days, can just check their phones for anything they need. Jumping to a web browser on a console is slow and annoying, imo at least. What do you guys think? Is a web browser really needed? 

Who needs it anyway, Come on. Major people who turn their platform on is to play whatever games that they want and to join with their mates. That's what it was built for. Nowadays it does everything. But how can you game and browse the internet at the same time, Ohh yeah. They use their phones. Ohh, wait. PC gamers can do both. 

Sorry but who god damn cares about it 😛 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Honestly as long as they have some sort of apps for youtube, twitch and few other social media. Nobody will care to be honest, they wont be caring much.

I mean those are typical apps for almost every platform so they'd come with most of those integrated. The web browser is an exception - I've yet to come across an individual that uses their gaming console for surfing the web. It's absolutely pointless...

On 11/25/2020 at 2:14 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah social media and streaming is what they need. They don't need anything for browsing, banking etc. and using gaming boxes for that is not only waste but security risk. 

That's a good point actually - I don't their security measures are as stringent as a regular PC where you have things like two factor authentication among other features to protect your data.

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah using the bank codes and the OTP through devices which are not secure can be problem. I honestly don't see the consoles and the gaming devices as security rich devices. 

If I remember correctly, up to a few years ago the PlayStation network was hacked and it took them a while to even regain control of it. I'd never use that kind of sensitive info on any console.