Register Now
Kane99

Call of Duty Discussion

29 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's normally what happens after the release of COD games - Vanguard did have some bugs on release but I've hardly played it after a month or so of owning the game so I don't know what they've fixed.

While I was playing they got a season 3 update now. So it’s worth another play to finish. 

I do have to ask how long COD games are these days. Are most of them fairly short? I can see why they might have shrunken games some to save gb space, but with how impressed I am with Vanguard I wish it was longer. 

I haven't bothered much with the campaign in the recent Call of Duty titles since I always just jump into the multiplayer. It would be cool to get a big campaign for once, and one that lasts quite a bit of time without it being very easy to finish quickly. But I guess they know multiplayer is the big cash cow so don't bother with the story much.

I think that they have pushed and milked the Call of Duty franchise for too long now especially with the so called rushed yearly releases. Recent COD games aren't on the same level with the older releases and it's making me lose interest in the game. At least Microsoft is going to stop the game's yearly release after the last one that's coming up after Call of Duty Vanguard. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that they have pushed and milked the Call of Duty franchise for too long now especially with the so called rushed yearly releases. Recent COD games aren't on the same level with the older releases and it's making me lose interest in the game. At least Microsoft is going to stop the game's yearly release after the last one that's coming up after Call of Duty Vanguard. 

I disagree. Most of the cod games are much of the same. The online modes are competant and work. It's just that we're tired of the same bs over and over, year by year. They can't innovate and make new experiences because the game has been the same since cod 4 I'd say. 

Yeah they tried to change it up some, but fans still complained. Now we got micro transactions and dumb cosmetics. Nothing impressive has happened to this series since the 360/ps3 generation I'd say. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:48 PM, Kane99 said:

I disagree. Most of the cod games are much of the same. The online modes are competant and work. It's just that we're tired of the same bs over and over, year by year. They can't innovate and make new experiences because the game has been the same since cod 4 I'd say. 

Yeah they tried to change it up some, but fans still complained. Now we got micro transactions and dumb cosmetics. Nothing impressive has happened to this series since the 360/ps3 generation I'd say. 

That's more or less how most gamers feel about the COD franchise right now. Even one of my friend's said he's never playing any of the game's new releases after Vanguard. 

Let's just see what Microsoft would be able to do with the game once they assume full development of the game. If they still end up doing the same thing Activision Blizzard did with the game, then the end is near for it. 

I know  there have been so many discussions as relating COD not evolving but giving back the same think with each new release.

Personally, I feel that hasn't really been the case if you are a true cod fan and have played vanguard and warzone you would notice some real changes In the gameplay and weapons effectiveness.

Check out the comparison between the weapons.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, Clasher said:

I know  there have been so many discussions as relating COD not evolving but giving back the same think with each new release.

Personally, I feel that hasn't really been the case if you are a true cod fan and have played vanguard and warzone you would notice some real changes In the gameplay and weapons effectiveness.

The only striking difference I can pick out there just like you pointed out is the weapons damage level. It was upgraded on Call of Duty Vanguard which is something that's expected. If they didn't upgrade their guns, I wonder what they are supposed to do in a new release. 

On 7/30/2022 at 11:24 AM, Heatman said:

The only striking difference I can pick out there just like you pointed out is the weapons damage level. It was upgraded on Call of Duty Vanguard which is something that's expected. If they didn't upgrade their guns, I wonder what they are supposed to do in a new release. 

That's the case, people are just been overbearing and expect too much from the game when in every sense it's actually good the way it is.

The graphics is great , the weapons too , maybe the storyline isn't as progressive but it's still very much satisfying.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's the case, people are just been overbearing and expect too much from the game when in every sense it's actually good the way it is.

The graphics is great , the weapons too , maybe the storyline isn't as progressive but it's still very much satisfying.

Irrespective of what Activision have been doing with the COD franchise, it doesn’t change the fact that a lot of gamers are getting fed up lately. Between 2021 to 2022, the game have lost at least 50 million players. In 2021, there was active 150 million players but it's down to 100 million at the moment and it's still dropping from the looks of things. After Call of Duty : Warzone, the recent releases haven't done so well by fans. 

On 7/28/2022 at 5:46 AM, Heatman said:

That's more or less how most gamers feel about the COD franchise right now. Even one of my friend's said he's never playing any of the game's new releases after Vanguard. 

Let's just see what Microsoft would be able to do with the game once they assume full development of the game. If they still end up doing the same thing Activision Blizzard did with the game, then the end is near for it. 

The inevitable truth is that COD is the same game year in and year out. It's why some fans get tired of it, because they don't adapt with the times and make something fresh and new. 

I hope Microsoft changes the franchise to be something more unique and special. But only time will tell how that all turns out. 

13 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

The inevitable truth is that COD is the same game year in and year out. It's why some fans get tired of it, because they don't adapt with the times and make something fresh and new. 

I hope Microsoft changes the franchise to be something more unique and special. But only time will tell how that all turns out. 

I don't think Microsoft will change a whole lot unless they're in dire straits, more on that soon. Put yourself in their shoes: why bother changing things up and risk losing money (which will be a pittance compared to the silly amounts of profit even if properly taxed)? Most changes have so far been unwelcome, from the campaigns of Cold War and Vanguard found wanting compared to their traditional war stories, to Zombies and Multiplayer doing things to repeatedly piss people off (an incendiary grenade that's measurably better than Thermite... in the battle pass? Really?!). They're right on the money by calling the next game Modern Warfare 2, and people will continue to pay for it.

Sony Brazil recently said Microsoft's acquisition of Activision-Blizzard makes Call of Duty impossible to compete against, that the game is "essential." No gaming outlet or YouTuber can top that level of praise, as unintentional as it is. That's surely worth all the customers who complain whilst failing to change their purchasing habits year in, year out.

But while we're on the subject of Microsoft's acquisition of Activision-Blizzard, what do we want to see them do? I'd say Vietnam, but I think they've done just about all they wanted to between World at War and Black Ops. The Winter War? The Korean War? Perhaps even The Great War? Or would we like to see more futuristic happenings like Advanced/Infinite Warfare?

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Who knows what they might do but just like you said, it's only time that's going to tell. Although, I think that if they plan on having things changed, they would most likely announce it the same way they did about not making the game a yearly release. 

11 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I don't think Microsoft will change a whole lot unless they're in dire straits, more on that soon. Put yourself in their shoes: why bother changing things up and risk losing money (which will be a pittance compared to the silly amounts of profit even if properly taxed)? Most changes have so far been unwelcome, from the campaigns of Cold War and Vanguard found wanting compared to their traditional war stories, to Zombies and Multiplayer doing things to repeatedly piss people off (an incendiary grenade that's measurably better than Thermite... in the battle pass? Really?!). They're right on the money by calling the next game Modern Warfare 2, and people will continue to pay for it.

Sony Brazil recently said Microsoft's acquisition of Activision-Blizzard makes Call of Duty impossible to compete against, that the game is "essential." No gaming outlet or YouTuber can top that level of praise, as unintentional as it is. That's surely worth all the customers who complain whilst failing to change their purchasing habits year in, year out.

But while we're on the subject of Microsoft's acquisition of Activision-Blizzard, what do we want to see them do? I'd say Vietnam, but I think they've done just about all they wanted to between World at War and Black Ops. The Winter War? The Korean War? Perhaps even The Great War? Or would we like to see more futuristic happenings like Advanced/Infinite Warfare?

I think that the it's going to be very difficult for COD to have something done on Vietnam War because the nature of the war doesn't suit what COD focuses on. COD gameplay is always full of high intensity battles unlike the what the Vietnam War features. Vietnam War in COD would look boring in my opinion. 

On 7/28/2022 at 6:12 AM, Clasher said:

Yeah but it's fairly minimal when you look at it. I've played most of the COD games, minus a few of the recent ones. With each new release, I jump in and it feels all the same. The menues, the gameplay, the character models, the guns, for the most part aren't changed much from each release. They update guns all the time in this series even after release to tone some guns down. 

To me, COD changed a little bit when they included wall running and jet packs. That's when it changed just a little bit. Fans one second want change, and COD does so, and it's not enough, so fans want to go back. So they go back and then fans complain it hasn't changed enough. 

COD can't adapt because fans are so used to the same thing over and over. If you change it one bit, fans complain. So I think that's also partly the reason why COD hasn't changed enough, because fans love to flip-flop. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah but it's fairly minimal when you look at it. I've played most of the COD games, minus a few of the recent ones. With each new release, I jump in and it feels all the same. The menues, the gameplay, the character models, the guns, for the most part aren't changed much from each release. They update guns all the time in this series even after release to tone some guns down. 

To me, COD changed a little bit when they included wall running and jet packs. That's when it changed just a little bit. Fans one second want change, and COD does so, and it's not enough, so fans want to go back. So they go back and then fans complain it hasn't changed enough. 

COD can't adapt because fans are so used to the same thing over and over. If you change it one bit, fans complain. So I think that's also partly the reason why COD hasn't changed enough, because fans love to flip-flop. 

That's the kind of the case, game fans expect too much from video game developers and no matter the additions that is included in a new title it just won't be enough.

I think criticism is essential in this our days and time just to make the gaming industry and video games more intriguing so people would want to try it out for themselves and also read about it.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:41 PM, Withywarlock said:

Yeah, I don't see Microsoft stopping the train. I initially thought they were joking about stopping the yearly releases, but so far we're getting a new COD this year and haven't heard anything else about other ones being stopped. So I'm calling BS on their claim of taking a break. 

I have no idea where they would be going next, considering that they have done pretty much everything. Korean war could be a good option, or we could even go further back into the Civil War, but I doubt we'd go there. I could see an attempt with future warfare again, but who knows.