Register Now
Kane99

Call of Duty Discussion

On 8/2/2022 at 8:55 AM, Heatman said:

I think that the it's going to be very difficult for COD to have something done on Vietnam War because the nature of the war doesn't suit what COD focuses on. COD gameplay is always full of high intensity battles unlike the what the Vietnam War features. Vietnam War in COD would look boring in my opinion. 

As said before they've already done Vietnam in some fashion or another with Black Ops, and Treyarch's first CoD title was World at War which has some of the most iconic scenes of the franchise including its Pacific intro. The stealth missions are pretty popular so one could easily have a patrol mission, and who wouldn't want to be a tunnel rat for 15 minutes (virtually anyway)? The only downside for me would be stepping on punji sticks or being bitten by snakes every five goddamn minutes 😖

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I have no idea where they would be going next, considering that they have done pretty much everything. Korean war could be a good option, or we could even go further back into the Civil War, but I doubt we'd go there. I could see an attempt with future warfare again, but who knows. 

I don't think Call of Duty would go into the Civil War unless it was a very heavy spin-off, as people like their fully-automatic weapons and tactical reloads. Even Battlefield 1 went through great pains to convince people full auto firearms beyond heavy machine guns existed, most of which were prototypes anyway.

Then again maybe there's potential for that: every mission is based on a different war. The American Civil War, the English Civil War, the Spanish Civil War, Korea, Vietnam, the Falklands, the Gulf War... might even be a way to update the single-player as time goes on rather than committing to just one theatre of conflict.

10 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

As said before they've already done Vietnam in some fashion or another with Black Ops, and Treyarch's first CoD title was World at War which has some of the most iconic scenes of the franchise including its Pacific intro. The stealth missions are pretty popular so one could easily have a patrol mission, and who wouldn't want to be a tunnel rat for 15 minutes (virtually anyway)? The only downside for me would be stepping on punji sticks or being bitten by snakes every five goddamn minutes 😖

I don't think Call of Duty would go into the Civil War unless it was a very heavy spin-off, as people like their fully-automatic weapons and tactical reloads. Even Battlefield 1 went through great pains to convince people full auto firearms beyond heavy machine guns existed, most of which were prototypes anyway.

Then again maybe there's potential for that: every mission is based on a different war. The American Civil War, the English Civil War, the Spanish Civil War, Korea, Vietnam, the Falklands, the Gulf War... might even be a way to update the single-player as time goes on rather than committing to just one theatre of conflict.

Yeah going too far back could make it tough for the multiplayer. But than again, we are talking about the series that uses guns in time periods that make no sense. So if they wanted to, they could easily make the online mode work by making the guns unrealistic or just outright crazy. I feel like that's the direction COD is going. Especially with the type of skins and avatars you can get in current cod games. I think it'll only get crazier. 

On 8/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, Kane99 said:

COD can't adapt because fans are so used to the same thing over and over. If you change it one bit, fans complain. So I think that's also partly the reason why COD hasn't changed enough, because fans love to flip-flop. 

Are you really sure that fans of Call of Duty are really comfortable with the way that's have been going with the franchise since after COD Warzone? If so, why have their active gamers number dropped so bad? Perhaps, they should try an overhaul of everything and see what happens. It's my opinion though!! 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Are you really sure that fans of Call of Duty are really comfortable with the way that's have been going with the franchise since after COD Warzone? If so, why have their active gamers number dropped so bad? Perhaps, they should try an overhaul of everything and see what happens. It's my opinion though!! 

The fan base is kinda mixed. I'd say 50% really love the game, while 50% like it, but want to see it change. 

The first 50% don't want it to change. So they complain. But the other want some change so they complain about that. 

As for the numbers, can you provide a link to said info? Because each COD has drawn huge profits and from what I hear are still selling more copies than other games. But that of course doesn't mean it didn't have less sales, just that I think it sold more than most games out at the time. At least in regards to vanguard. 

Also, warzone is free to play I believe, so the userbase there differs a from the main multiplayer modes. 

But, maybe COD has finally started to lose their popularity. Maybe this will steer them into doing something better. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

The fan base is kinda mixed. I'd say 50% really love the game, while 50% like it, but want to see it change. 

The first 50% don't want it to change. So they complain. But the other want some change so they complain about that. 

As for the numbers, can you provide a link to said info? Because each COD has drawn huge profits and from what I hear are still selling more copies than other games. But that of course doesn't mean it didn't have less sales, just that I think it sold more than most games out at the time. At least in regards to vanguard. 

Also, warzone is free to play I believe, so the userbase there differs a from the main multiplayer modes. 

But, maybe COD has finally started to lose their popularity. Maybe this will steer them into doing something better. 

Here is the link to the news update on their active players dropping off 50 million active player. You can find everything in the link below. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-call-of-duty-player-base-declined-by-50-million-users-over-the-past-year/

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Here is the link to the news update on their active players dropping off 50 million active player. You can find everything in the link below. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-call-of-duty-player-base-declined-by-50-million-users-over-the-past-year/

Yeah that's pretty bad. On top of it, vanguards sales wasn't good either. I think this will result in some changes. Especially with Microsoft owning them now.

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah that's pretty bad. On top of it, vanguards sales wasn't good either. I think this will result in some changes. Especially with Microsoft owning them now.

Yeah, losing over 50 millions gamers is very bad for business. Imagine the amount of profit they have lost as a result of that mass exodus? If they are careful with their next release, it might make or break the COD franchise completely. 

They are all about the money and don't really care about what the media or fans are saying currently and what even makes them relevant right now is because they are always in the news and with every new release people would be curious enough to want to purchase and see what they do with the game.

That's a strategy they know would guarantee sales so they keep releasing more games despite the controversies.

What Microsoft does with the next COD game is what's going to decide if I would still be loyal to the franchise or move on from it finally. 

The ball is in their court and all I have to do is wait for them which is something that I'm sure other gamers are waiting for. 

To be sincere I am looking forward to the release and that is because bi just want to see what they do with it.

And that's the case many people are like me right now and would still purchase the game just so they could experience it and know what new thing has been added to it.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

What Microsoft does with the next COD game is what's going to decide if I would still be loyal to the franchise or move on from it finally. 

The ball is in their court and all I have to do is wait for them which is something that I'm sure other gamers are waiting for. 

They would never leave COD behind. Even though this last release was kinda a bomb, there is still a huge fan base. What needs to happen is for a break from the yearly release. I think 2 years is a good way to go. 

What I think would be cool though, is if they remastered some of the classic games, not the modern ones, but more ones from back when the series started. Like the first and second games, along with a few others. 

On 8/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Kane99 said:

They would never leave COD behind. Even though this last release was kinda a bomb, there is still a huge fan base. What needs to happen is for a break from the yearly release. I think 2 years is a good way to go. 

What I think would be cool though, is if they remastered some of the classic games, not the modern ones, but more ones from back when the series started. Like the first and second games, along with a few others. 

You just took the words out of my mouth, I think we are done with a yearly release they should give a two year gap atleast because I know for certain that they don't plan on ending COD anytime soon.

Imagine a remastered version of call of duty finest honor or call of duty 3.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Kane99 said:

I would be interested in seeing something back from the Black Ops first release in a way that it's made better. COD Black Ops is among the franchise that still makes a lot of sense and a big difference for me with the game and not the uselss Vanguard!! 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

COD Black Ops is among the franchise that still makes a lot of sense and a big difference for me with the game and not the uselss Vanguard!! 

Vanguard isn't useless though imo, but I would appreciate a remake of black ops too if there is ever going to be one.

Or maybe a remake of the very first COD that was released.

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

Vanguard isn't useless though imo, but I would appreciate a remake of black ops too if there is ever going to be one.

Or maybe a remake of the very first COD that was released.

Yeah, it's agreed that Call of Duty Vanguard isn't totally useless, but it's a release that saw the game's active players drop 50 million. 

Is that a plus or a minus for Call of Duty Vanguard?