Register Now
Kane99

Call of Duty Discussion

I don't think we have a Call of Duty discussion topic here, and I figure with Black Ops - Cold War releasing tomorrow, I figured I'd make a topic for the games in general. I'm sure we don't want a topic for every COD game, as we'd be here all day lol. Anyway, who's getting the new COD? I am not getting it yet, in fact I completely forgot it was releasing this month. I think I'll eventually get it, but money is tight right now, so I'm not going to be spending money on games for a bit. 

Anyway, discuss the new game here, or discuss any of the games in the franchise if you want to. 🙂 

You're not the only one that forgot about its release. I'm not so excited about COD games nowadays because they take up so much space! Modern Warfare was like 250 GB - I can't imagine how much space this is going to take up. The graphics is amazing and the story doesn't seem half bad from the videos I've watched.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, Empire said:

Rather watch people playing than actually playing the game myself. Zombie side of the game sounds so interesting. Crazy how big the game is at 250gb. Damn. Need big HDD spaces nowadays or SSD for more performance. 

It's actually become a meme and it seems more games are following this trend. For example, GTA V is about 100 GB right now (with all the DLCs over the years). I sincerely hope they reverse this trend very soon. Otherwise, where am I going to hold them?

On 11/15/2020 at 11:59 AM, skyfire said:

I am tired of the big data games too. I don't think it would slow down maybe with cloud gaming it can to some extent. 

Cloud storage wouldn't be a bad idea if it didn't cost so much and there's no telling when a cloud platform can be out of service.

I don't understand why Vanguard doesn't have high ratings because I'm playing it and it's amazing so far. I haven't encountered any bugs or glitches. It's a very story oriented game with great cinematics. Is that how most COD games are now? Everything runs smooth and the graphics are superb. I guess I must play other titles if Vanguard rates lower than the others. But the flock is in lala land these days so I'm not gonna listen to negative reviews and proud to say Vanguard is a bad ass game so far. There are a lot of in depth feelings involved and not just the characters but also the scenery; the calm before the storm; feelings the game is trying to portray. I think they have done a great job. It's definitely sparked my interest in other COD titles. 

I know it's not as popular since Modern Warfare was amazing but Cold War isn't too bad. It's quite fun. I didn't bother with Vanguard really because I prefer a modern setting for my shooters so hopefully the next COD will match that need

20 minutes ago, Darth said:

I know it's not as popular since Modern Warfare was amazing but Cold War isn't too bad. It's quite fun. I didn't bother with Vanguard really because I prefer a modern setting for my shooters so hopefully the next COD will match that need

Seems like Modern Warfare was one of the best titles. I'm gonna have to get the remaster version for sure. The previews on the game looks pretty good. I don't mind playing a modern setting. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

COD vanguard is another game I want to add to my list at the moment to my PS4, I know it quite buggy from the information I've gathered, but I don't think it's ground breaking bug. 

They must have fixed them bugs cause I honestly barely encountered any. It’s a top notch military game I’ve been playing everyday now the past week. I don’t have much military games to compare to but who cares. I think it’s a great game. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

They must have fixed them bugs cause I honestly barely encountered any. It’s a top notch military game I’ve been playing everyday now the past week. I don’t have much military games to compare to but who cares. I think it’s a great game. 

I'm happy you clarified my thoughts from going weird around the game, I'm considering it now. Even if they price a little bit high at $59 for PS4. I will hold on a little while, maybe by the middle of this month (May) I'll get it. At this time I downloaded COD mobile season IV, I'm enjoying the online game even if it has intrusive ads. 

Looks like the next one will be Modern Warfare 2. Can't wait to see what it is like and to see a trailer for it. I stayed away from Vanguard since it didn't have a modern setting and just stuck with Cold War. So I'll be looking forward to this since I can finally get a new brand new first person shooter.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:00 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's normally what happens after the release of COD games - Vanguard did have some bugs on release but I've hardly played it after a month or so of owning the game so I don't know what they've fixed.

On 5/1/2022 at 12:53 PM, Darth said:

Looks like the next one will be Modern Warfare 2. Can't wait to see what it is like and to see a trailer for it. I stayed away from Vanguard since it didn't have a modern setting and just stuck with Cold War. So I'll be looking forward to this since I can finally get a new brand new first person shooter.

With Microsoft looking to acquire them, maybe they actually put some effort into the story this time and introduce something new to the series.