Register Now
StaceyPowers

How long did it take you to download RDR II?

I've been debating grabbing the digital version of RDR II while it is on sale at the PlayStation Store, but I've heard horror stories about how long it can take to download it, so maybe it is better for me to buy a disc. I am curious for those of you who have RDR II, how long did your download take if you got it digitally?

Depends on your internet speeds. Each person will get different results. I get around 60 uploads and so around 8mb/sec is mt max speeds. Then at times, the server that you are downloading from will have it's maxed output to what you can allow downloading each second.   

On 11/14/2020 at 6:23 PM, killamch89 said:

If I remember correctly, about 2-3 hours. I mean GTA V took me about 6 hours to download and the game was 60 GB (it's way larger now with the added DLCs since).

Not bad. I kept reading horror stories about like 20 hours from some people.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:59 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I have satellite in the country and takes a couple days to download disc. Keep in mind you have a major update too as soon as the disc is downloaded. That took me another 3 days. 

Three days?! As in you paused and resumed or you just downloaded it without interruption for 3 days straight?

30 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Three days?! As in you paused and resumed or you just downloaded it without interruption for 3 days straight?

Yep, I left it in sleep mode and kept checking throughout the day for 3 days for the update and around 2 days for the game download. It even shows on the download time it say 99+ hours to download, but took almost a week for the game install then update install after. My RDR2 also malfunctioned twice. It said I had to reinstall because of corruption after playing the game for many hours. And the reinstall took the same time. But the second time it said corrupted I deleted the app and not gonna install it again. So I don't play it anymore. I have a second ps4 I keep as a backup. And when I installed RDR2 on that one it took the same amount of time. The storage transfer wouldn't work between the two ps4's because my internet was too slow I guess. So that's why I installed it manually on the second ps4. I haven't tried playing it on the second ps4. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yep, I left it in sleep mode and kept checking throughout the day for 3 days for the update and around 2 days for the game download. It even shows on the download time it say 99+ hours to download, but took almost a week for the game install then update install after. My RDR2 also malfunctioned twice. It said I had to reinstall because of corruption after playing the game for many hours. And the reinstall took the same time. But the second time it said corrupted I deleted the app and not gonna install it again. So I don't play it anymore. I have a second ps4 I keep as a backup. And when I installed RDR2 on that one it took the same amount of time. The storage transfer wouldn't work between the two ps4's because my internet was too slow I guess. So that's why I installed it manually on the second ps4. I haven't tried playing it on the second ps4. 

Wow! I thought my internet speeds were average but I probably shouldn't complain...

I want to say that it took me around 2 hours to fully get it to download when I got it, although I had the disc copy so the time it even took copying from disc to the hard drive was like over an hour as well.

Still is worth if you can download it overnight vs. during the day, since I feel like the speeds are slightly faster overnight when less people are using the internet for things.