Register Now
SoldSpartan

What is Wrong with this Picture?

16 terabytes of storage sounds unreal to me. I don't know if such kind of memory hardware or software device is available, if it is I would certainly love to own one. I could hold more than a thousand games in those.

That's unrealistic, the highest I've seen woth console is; 2 TB, which is around Xbox one, or series S, not too sure, but I know 2 TB is the max I've seen. Anyone with above isn't realistic, unless their is newly launched console. 

That is a lot of TB for a hard drive and definitely not one I have ever seen for an Xbox 🤣 the highest I have ever seen for a SSD is 2TB and they are quite costly. This is definitely photoshopped unless the guy owns his own date center and is able to get access to that kind of storage. I mean, don't get me wrong I would love to have storag of that size but jeez! I wouldn't even like to imagine how much I would pay for that! Let's hope we never see sizes that high for games 🤣

On 11/3/2022 at 9:09 PM, Shortie said:

That is a lot of TB for a hard drive and definitely not one I have ever seen for an Xbox 🤣 the highest I have ever seen for a SSD is 2TB and they are quite costly. This is definitely photoshopped unless the guy owns his own date center and is able to get access to that kind of storage. I mean, don't get me wrong I would love to have storag of that size but jeez! I wouldn't even like to imagine how much I would pay for that! Let's hope we never see sizes that high for games 🤣

I wonder where the owner of this thread was able to get such a hard drive or memory space and how much they were charged for it.

I would certainly like to get one for myself too.

I think that in the wake of @Crazycrab's post from two years ago;

On 11/20/2020 at 5:41 PM, Crazycrab said:

I think I have an explanation.  There is some kind of read error and the system can't tell how much storage there is.  Therfore the software is defaulting and displaying the maximum amount of storage alowable for 64 bit.  Which is 2^64 bytes = 16777216 Tb.

It's safe to say that this little mystery has long been solved. Why people keep bringing his back and obviously ignore what has been posted to the thread already is beyond me. Frankly, this is ridiculous guys. I don't get it, why bring topics like this back from the dead just to ponder the same, already answered question? Whatever the reason is, I'm not going to let this pointless bumping continue. Thread locked.

A little bit of common sense isn't much to ask for.