Register Now
killamch89

It's Official! Marvel's Avengers Is Almost "Dead"

On 11/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, m76 said:

Even superfans aren't interested in inherently bad games.

Valid point there. Like when Bethesda tried to force Fallout 76 on us and what makes this worse is that superhero games flop majority of the time so even superfans are sceptical of such games even before release.

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder what happens to the studio that has been making games for them. Must be getting fired in the process. 

idk, Crystal Dynamics was involved in development, and they are responsible for the recent Tomb Raider series for the most part, so they're not a bad team of devs by any means. Just means they were given a crap project from the beginning, and had to do their best to make it work. I blame this mostly on Square Enix, because I bet they were the reason this game is in the shape it is. Let these games have more time in the kitchen, because in this case, it was certainly needed. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

idk, Crystal Dynamics was involved in development, and they are responsible for the recent Tomb Raider series for the most part, so they're not a bad team of devs by any means. Just means they were given a crap project from the beginning, and had to do their best to make it work. I blame this mostly on Square Enix, because I bet they were the reason this game is in the shape it is. Let these games have more time in the kitchen, because in this case, it was certainly needed. 

It's pretty obvious to everyone that the game had been rushed and I too blame Square Enix for this. They thought that they could just capitalize on the popularity of the Marvel Universe by releasing a sub-par game but it completely backfired.

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Considering Square Enix is premium studio even if the made mistake, they wont own this. So the crystal dynamics would be taking the fall. Marvel seems to be pushing a lot of it's franchise to the limits and not keeping the simplicity.